Preparations

"Cain, Kathrine. Come here please."

As Ebisu says this, two of his four shadows rise from the ground. From them, A young man and a woman appear. The man wore a jacket with a black long sleeve shirt underneath it and custom combat pants, tending to walk around barefoot as well. He had crimson kinky hair and a muscular physique. He wore his hair in braids, cornrowed from the back with the ends towards the front of his face. He had crimson viper-like eyes and fangs, with ceremonial markings on his eyelids and edges of his mouth. The woman had short, white kinky hair and had a fair skin complexion. She wore all black, just like the man, with two swords strapped to the backside of her waist - one shorter than the other. Both's clothes had AGALE/A insignia on them.

"Cain, since the Drake family is one of the major Ghoul Gang Families and you're supposed to be next in line to lead, can you tell us anything that you know concerning the Valentines?"

"Unfortunately sir, I don't know anything about the Valentines outside of what is provided to us. My knowledge of them only extends to as far as knowing they are a gang filled with exceptional fighters and that all members of the Drake families of prior generations don't wish to challenge them."

"Dammit. Kathrine, what about you? Back in your teenage days, I know you were once a part of the Valentines' gang. Is there anything you can tell us that will help us?"

"Regarding the situation, there's nothing that I know that I can tell you that would shed any light on what happened to Kaine in Africa, I'm sorry."

The room falls silent as Ebisu tries to think of what he could possibly do.

"However, I do know that the Valentine's are hosting a Gala to bring together the other families in order to celebrate their relations for so long. As members to that ring of families, Cain and Abigail can attend the event as representatives of the Drake Family in order to get any information they can about the Valentines' past."

"You're right. I completely forgot about the Gala. Usually, mom and dad go together with a few of their men. I've only attended once and that was when I was a child and dad wanted to show me off."

"Thank you for the information, Kathrine. With this, I have orders for you Cain and Abigail."

Abigail Drake, the middle sibling of the three drake siblings - Cain, Abigail, and Seth - was a brown skin woman in her early twenties. She kept her crimson hair in short Cleopatra braids and sported an athletic physique. Her shadow regalia was a bit different from the other two as hers was more maneuverable and flexible, indicating that she was a movement based fighter despite her being a rinkaku type like her brothers. She rose from the shadows as the director mentioned her name, ready to receive his orders.

"The two of you will attend the Gala in attempts to gather as much information as you can. Also, I'm sure you'll have to run this through with your father since he's the head of your family, so I want you to make a request with him for me. I'm requesting that his sister, Eve Drake, take over as the number one for our airborne base. This way I can ask Isaree to migrate over and take charge of the African base. I'm sure being up there is getting stuffy for her, so a nice change of scenery will do her good. Everyone dismissed."

Everyone walks out of the room, heading their separate ways. Cain looks at Seth and attempts to talk to him before Anastasia - the last of Ebisu's shadows - can take him and Casey over to Casey's new living arrangements.

"Hey, Lil bro. Long time no talk. How've you-"

Before Cain can finish his sentence, Seth cuts him off.

"You're no brother of mine. Stay away from me."

Seth walks off with Casey and Anastasia, leaving Cain behind. Abigail walks over to him and puts her hand on his shoulder.