The Love She Never Knew

A couple of days after she wrote the letter and sent it off to her mother, Fuyumi is now preparing what she's going to carry. She even goes as far as getting the kunoichi outfit that she wore when she arrived in America remade. She gathers her equipment and takes a package of 'food' from the fridge in her room and puts it into a preservative container. She finishes packing her things and walks out of her room to find Faceless. She searches the facility for about half an hour. She finally works up the guts to search for her in the most obvious place to find someone like her, her room. She thought she'd find Faceless in her room, avoiding her duties by hiding in her bathroom with the door locked binging on eyeballs or on bloody severed fingers. Instead, when Fuyumi entered the room, not only was it cleaner than what she imagined, but she also found Faceless in a spot that she didn't expect. Faceless was sitting in a chair, cleaning a broken sword with a cup of hot coffee placed on the table beside her. Although it was broken, Fuyumi was in awe of the sword and its blade. The hilt itself was a work of art, with the samegawa covering the silver hilt being a beautiful shade of red; the holes that were left open in the samegawa that would normally reveal the hilt instead revealed ornaments that resembled that of lights. Even the handguard was perfect, boasting a divine metallic silver with traces of crimson within it. The blade was sleek, sharp, and crimson. The blade itself held a resonating scream that showed not only grace and absolute strength but at a glance, anyone can tell that many died at the hands of that blade. The thought that the blade was crimson because the blood of her enemies that had fallen to it clung to that blade to give it such a dominating and fearsome aura passed through Fuyumi's mind, as ridiculous as it may have been.

"Excuse me, Ms. Olivia, I just wanted to check to see how your packing was going."

"I'm already packed up, thanks for asking."

"Alright. Also, if I may... why are you cleaning a broken sword?"

"This sword was a gift from a friend of mine. She was like family to me. Her grandmother handed it down to her mother and her mother handed it to her. She knew her time to pass was drawing near so she entrusted this sword to me. Although I may have let her down and let it break... But the least I can do to honor her is to maintain this sword, even though it's broken."

"...Do you have the other end of the blade?"

"Of course I do, why?"

"Well, I'm not sure if they'll be able to reforge the sword to be exactly how it was in its glory days, but our family has some of the best blacksmiths around. I'm sure they'll be able to fix the sword for you!"

"I couldn't impose like that."

"You've done so much for me. The least I can do is offer you this much."

"...Alright. I can't exactly turn down a maiden with such a passionate look in her eyes."

Faceless finishes cleaning the sword and wraps it up to carry with them to Asia. The two go over to Kaine's room to find him and Diamante struggling to calm the babies down. Both of the babies were crying loudly. Surprised by the commotion going on in the room, Fuyumi jumps back as she is not good with children (despite having younger siblings back home). Faceless, however, was unfazed and walked over to the children.

"Let me show you a little trick I picked up when I had to raise Kaine."

Faceless waves a bloody finger around Rosaria's mouth. The scent of blood catches her attention and stops crying to open her mouth. Faceless puts the finger in her mouth and Rosaria begins to suck on the blood coming from it. She then uses her finger and draws circles around the base of one of Remington's feet. He began to giggle and stopped fussing. Faceless then picks them up and rocks them in her arms. Relieved, Kaine drops into his bed. Diamante, on the other hand, was left bewildered and asks Faceless how'd she do it.