A Trip to Remember

After a fourteen and a half hour flight, they arrive in Lanzhou, China. Faceless looks for a place to land as she's the one piloting the plane. As she is looking for a place to land, silent anti-air missiles are launched at them. As the missiles draw nearer to the plane they enter Kaine's field of spatial awareness. He stops playing with baby Rosaria and heads over to the cockpit in order to inform Faceless of the possible threat to the ship. She wore a half black, half lavender haori above her below knee length black leggings and short, dark lavender kimono. She also wears a black choker, high heeled sandals, and the obi is black with gold koshihimo (hip ribbon). She also dyed the crimson part of her hair lavender.

"Well... if that's the case then what do you suggest we do about it, Kaine?"

"I'll handle it. Just find a place to land, I'll be right with you guys."

- Kaine is wearing a white zipped jacket over a tee shirt that's white at the upper torso with a red camouflage pattern on the lower half. He's also wearing red camouflage shorts that extend beneath his knees and modified kwazi gym red and white sneakers. Strapped to his torso was Remington. His silver hair was slicked back and his kakugan was deactivated, revealing his innocent, yet piercing, silver eyes. The adorable brown skinned baby wore a black tee shirt and white shorts with black and white sneakers. Brooklyn wore a strapless white top, navy blue shorts and a sapphire haori with an oni on the right sleeve. Unlike Kaine, she was holding Rosaria but not on her person. Instead, Rosaria actively climbed on her, wearing a white dress that compliments her brown skin and white braided hair. -

Kaine walks back over to Brooklyn, takes off his jacket and hands baby Remington over to her. He flashes her a smile and walks over to the door. He touches his eyepatch lightly, then opens the door. He jumps out and as he does he kicks the door shut as it would close too slowly by itself and he was worried for the children's safety. As he falls he counts the number of missiles heading for the plane. There were seven in counting, however, one was a bit different from the others. Before Kaine was allowed the leisure of determining what exactly it was that was on it, he released his kagune and headed towards the missiles. He slices through and blasts them, one by one until only two remain. As he was more than close enough for his eyes to discern the abnormality on the seventh one, he was able to see that there was a person on the last missile. Since no normal person would be standing on an anti-air missile while it was in motion towards a target. Kaine grabs a hold of the missile closest and redirects it towards the last missile. RIght before they could collide and explode, he blows it up prematurely. The person atop the missile jumps towards Kaine and attempts to attack, but since the air is Kaine's playground, he easily knocks them to the ground. After staring in amazement that someone without the ability to fly would still attack someone that can, he flies over to where he saw the plane land.

He makes it to the landing spot and informs them of what he saw. He takes baby Remington and puts on his jacket. The group starts to walk in search of Fuyumi's house. After a few minutes of walking, they begin to feel a slight presence around them.

"Whoever these guys are, they're pretty good. They've already got us surrounded. They even got people tailing us from rooftops in the area."

"This could get ugly... should we play with them or should we play along?"

"Oi. Kaine, Brooklyn. You better make sure you don't let a single hair on those babies' heads get touched."

"We're not amateurs, Faceless."

Fuyumi realizes that if they're being surrounded with such expertise, the only ones that would be able to do that are the members of her family, or their followers. Fuyumi urges them not to kill anyone there as they're her family's followers. They're reluctant but she insists to keep it nonlethal. They continue to walk and pretend not to notice their pursuers. As they reached a certain proximity to the house, the pursuers finally made their move, throwing shuriken and kunai at them. Kaine puts up a protective barrier around himself that stops the projectiles that fly his way. Faceless and Fuyumi deflect all of theirs. Brooklyn deflects most of hers, but since she isn't used to having to fight while carrying a baby, some get through. There were some kunai and shuriken lodged in her left eye, forearm and leg.