Home

This is the last chapter! Thank you to everyone for joining me and Kiri on this wild ride!

-------------

Soon enough, the moon is high in the sky. The boys and I climb onto their bikes and head to my home, the ride there significantly more subdued than our normal drives.

When we reach my home, Max and my mom are waiting by his car in the driveway, Mike and the others nowhere to be found. Upon seeing us, Max breaks into a smile and my mom looks even more confused.

"Kiri? What's going on?"

I smile. "Nothing bad, mom."

She looks up at Max. "Will you explain now, please?"

"If you'll lead the way inside, then I will happily explain."

"Alright."

Mom leads Max up the driveway and into the house, the Lost Boys and I following closely behind. Upon entering the house, Edgar Frog immediately has a crossbow aimed at us, a stake strung and ready instead of an arrow.

"Dude!"

Sammy runs over and shoves the crossbow away.

"I told you! No killing my sister or the others!"

Edgar sneers and gets in Sammy's face. "We're trying to rid this town of shitsucking creatures of the night. Sympathize with them and we'll rid this town of you, too."

I growl, echoed by Mike and accompanied by an outraged, "Excuse me," from our mom.

"You will do no such thing," our mom states, standing her ground. "In fact, you get out of this house right now, young man. And don't ever return."

The Frog brothers share a look before stomping over to the door, a path having been cleared a few seconds earlier.

Alan turns once the two of them are out the door. "People like all of you are the reason this town will rot in hell." Without hesitation, he raises the crossbow and fires the stake. The stake finds its target, though it's not one of the vampires.

Its target was me.

Clutching the stake protruding from my stomach, I gasp, pain lancing through my body with every breath. I look down at my stomach and the blood covering my hands, whimpering. Raising my eyes to meet my mom's, I cough, blood staining my lips. The world then blurs as I drop to the ground.

There's growling and scuffling somewhere in the distance but I'm too weak to look where it's coming from. There's a thud next to me and my face is cupped as I hear muffled talking. It sounds vaguely like my mom and I try to let her know that I can hear her, but all that comes out is a whine.

There's a pull on the stake, making me cry out as it slides free. A moment later, there's a warm delicious liquid dripping onto my lips. Reaching out, I try to grab at the source, only to have it moved closer. There's a tingle in my gums and across my face as I latch onto the source, now identified as a human neck. Digging my teeth into the neck, I drink my fill of the blood spilling out, energy gradually returning as I do.

Opening my eyes as the veins of the human begins to dry up, I find Max, the Lost Boys, my mom, and brothers all staring in concern. Star stands slightly behind Mike, a conflicted look on her face.

I'm not all that surprised to find out that Alan Frog is the body I drained as I shove it off and away. Sitting up, I stare at David who is crouched beside me, blood dripping down his chin. The concerned look on his face fades and is replaced with a smile.

"You look good in blood."

I giggle. "So do you."

Reaching over, he cups my face and pulls me in for a kiss, the pressing of his lips to mine urgent feeling. I respond with as much fervor as him, hands coming up to clutch his shirt.

There's silence as we bask in the moment, before barking and yipping from Nanook breaks us of our own little plane of existence. Coming back to earth is hard, but it makes me giggle when I look around to see the shocked faces of my family.

Of course, silence doesn't last long.

"Ey! You're one of us now, Majesty!" Paul cheers.

Dwayne and Marko cheer and whistle at the exclamation, bringing a smile to my face.

"Wait, wait, wait!" Mom's voice sombers the mood a bit as she begins to question everything. "What are you? What do you mean by one of us? And what just happened? What happened to my baby girl?" Her voice becomes more and more unstable with each question and it's breathy and shaky as she asks the last question, tears in her eyes.

"Lucy," Max pulls her close and hugs her. "I didn't plan for all of this to come out this way."

She shoves him away. "All of what, Max?"

"Darling, my boys and I, we're what you would call the undead. We're vampires."

"Vampires?" Mom scoffs.

Max nods. "Your daughter is now a vampire as well and your son, Michael, is a half-vampire. I'm sure you've noticed changes in both of them recently."

Mom puts a hand to her head, rubbing her temple as if to rub away a headache. "Well, Mike has been more irresponsible and irritable, but my little Moon hasn't changed."

I smile. "I haven't and I won't, Mom. Keep that in mind, please."

"Lucy."

Mom's attention, which had been on me, returns to Max.

"I want you to join me as well. You and Sam. My boys, they need a mother. And your daughter has already found a family in my boys. So, will you join us?"

Mom looks conflicted. "Sammy?"

The boy in question shrugs. "Being undead seems cool."

"Michael?"

A frown is set on Mike's face. "I was so adamant about refusing all of this. But seeing you, David, protect my sister. It changes things."

"You've never cared about anyone, David," Star interjects. "Why now?"

David frowns. "I care about my boys. I care about Laddie. I care about you, Star, no matter how much you refuse to join us. You infuriate me because I gave you a gift, a home, and you threw it in my face."

"I want to be human. To be normal. To fall in love." She looks up at Mike as she says the last part. "But now I realize that I can have what I want. I can have love. I can have a family." She looks down at Laddie then back to David. "I can belong somewhere."

Max smiles. "So, Michael. What do you say? Will you join us?"

A smile from Star is all it takes for Mike to nod. "Yeah. I'll join."

The head vampire turns to our mom. "Lucy? What do you say?"

Mom looks at me, taking in my smile and my hand holding David's arm then moves her gaze to Sammy, who is grinning, then finally rests her gaze on Mike, who is staring into Star's eyes as the girl clings to his arm. Taking a deep breath, she smiles and says, "I've always wanted a bigger family."

Cheers ring out into the room and my smile grows impossibly wider.

This was it. What all of this had been leading to.

A family. One I had chosen. One that had chosen me.

It felt good. It felt right.

It felt like home.