Chapter 8 Why She Has Not Contacted Him?

A few days later, Marinette contacts Nino.  She sends him a quick text message. Actually she sends Nino a few text messages as she finds it silly not to contact him as he is one of her friends.  She smiles as she hits the send button and waits to see what response she will get back.

          Marinette's text to Nino...

          Hi, dude!  Congrats to you and Alya!

         Nino's text to Marinette...

          Thanks, dudette!

         Marinette's text to Nino...

         Whatever you do, do not tell Adrien that I spoke to you.

          Nino's text...

     Marinette, you cannot expect me to lie to my best friend.  Besides, he misses you greatly.

         Nino does not tell Marinette that Adrien has read over his shoulder.  He does not say that Adrien smiles, then frowns because Marinette is back in touch with Alya, Mylene, and now Nino.   He does not say that Adrien is hurt that Marinette has not kept in contact with him yet.  

          Marinette's text...

         Please, keep this in confidence.  Adrien and I are not on speaking terms.

         Nino's  text...

       Dudette, what took place to cause you not to speak with him?   You two were very close at one point,you know.  

       Marinette's text...

       I have no idea what you mean. We were never close.  Adrien and I were only friends. 

      Nino's text...

       Well, that is  not  exactly the way others see it.  How about you talk to him?  I am sure he would be happy to hear from you.

      Marinette's  text...

       Who I contact is my business!  It  is none of your business what took place in my past, nor Alya's  or anyone else's.  Just mind your own business, well ya!

     Nino's text...

      Fine, have it your way!  It is your own fault though if you and Adrien are at odds with one another for years to come!

       Marinette's text...

         How dare you!  Do not ever speak of him again!  Not now, not ever.

        Nino's text...

        Whatever!  I will not bother you about him again, I assure you.

       Marinette's text...

      Good, glad we agree on something then.    

          Later that day, after school, Nino sees Adrien on the school steps with tears in his eyes. He can tell it hurts Adrien more than he lets on that Marinette refuses to talk about him, or contact him.  He feels sorry for his buddy, who also happens to be his best friend, but is at odds when it comes to what to do to help him.

           "Adrien, look man!  I am sorry about Marinette!  Really, I am!"  Nino says.

        "Do not be!  It is not your fault she hates me." Adrien says.

         "I do not really think she hates you."  Alya remarks.

       "Oh, yeah!  Then, why does she get angry at the mention of my name?   Why does she decide to suddenly contact you, Mylene and even Nino?   Why does she leave me out? " Adrien says angrily with more tears in his eyes than before now.

       "I honestly do not know."  Alya responds.

       "Sorry, dude!  I cannot help you there." Nino says.

      "She did not tell me anything that could help either." Mylene says.

       "I will tell you.  She hates me.  I know, because well six months ago, I went to see her before she got out of the hospital.  I told her I was happy she was alive.  I tried to confess my love, but she did not listen.  She just gave me a scowl, and yells at me.  She made it clear, she does not love me.  I was to late."  Adrien says sadly.

      "Wait, you love, Marinette?"  Nino ask in surprise.

     "Yes!"  Adrien says.

      "I knew it.  You love her!  How wonderful!"  Alya exclaims.

       "Awe, so romantic."  Rose says.

      "How sweet."  Mylene agrees

        "Romantic, sweet, wonderful, ha!  It is not any of those things. It is nothing, but a cruel, harsh reality for me.  The girl I love despises me.  I am sure of it. " Adrien remarks.  His voice full of sadness to match the tears in his eyes.

            Adrien walks away without another word about it.  He goes home.  He thinks, some good that did to get it off my chest.  He believes it will do no good anyway.  It is not like he can get Marinette to return his love.   He goes to his room, sits on his bed and sighs.  He knows the whole thing is hopeless. 

             Marinette finishes her homework for her own online class. She turns it in and works on her quiz.  She completes the quiz and gets a 96 on it!  She is quite happy with the results to the quiz as it was a tough one.  She sighs a bit next.  She cannot understand it.  Why does everyone keep talking about Adrien and implying she should try to reach him?  What for?  What is the use?

             Mylene's  text to Marinette...

             Adrien told us at school you had a falling out.  He also told us, he only wishes to let you know how much he loves you!  

            Marinette's text to Mylene...

              There is no way you heard him right.  Adrien does not love me.  No one does.

              Mylene's text...

              Marinette that is not true and you know it.    Adrien does love you!  I can tell he is serious about it.  You should see the sadness in his eyes and hear it in his voice when he speaks about you.

              Marinette's  text...

              I probably should not tell you this.  No turning back now though.  I saw him  in the park recently.  He did not seem to notice me.  Before this, I did a sketch of him!  After I got home, I did a sketch of myself.  In both sketches the faces are so forlorn it is actually quite sad.

           Mylene's  text...

            Why did you not try to reach out to him?  You could not know how he really feels without such a move.   Just because things did not work out between me and Ivan does not mean you have to ruin things between you and Adrien before it has a chance to begin!  

             Marinette's  text...

              Agh!  What is with everyone trying to set me up with him?                       

              Later, that evening, Marinette tosses and turns.  She cannot seem to get to sleep. She is not sure why though.  She cannot seem to get it out of her mind that everyone thinks she is unreasonable when it comes to the way she treats her old crush, Adrien Agreste!  She thinks, should I contact him?  She shrugs her shoulders in confusion.

              Marinette just lies there in uncertainty.  She unblocks Adrien's number and wonders if she did the right thing.   Who really knows when it comes to such matters!

                   to be continued in Chapter  9  When Old Flames Collide?