Chapter 7

Brianna's POV

Ricky said he wanted to take me out tonight. All I know is to dress casually. And to be downstairs by 6pm and it's currently 5. I my aswell pick out my outfit. After about 10 minutes I finaly decide on a black crop top with forever written in floral and some white bleached high waisted shorts. I decided to let my hair flow in natural beach waves and just apply liquid eyeliner. When i finaly get my sh*t together its 5:58 and i rush downstairs to find ricky at the door with a charm answer t-shirt and some dark jeans with some red vans. I smile and give him a hug. "So where are we going?" I ask him he didn't answer me so I already knew if I asked him again he wouldn't tell me. He opens the front door for me to step out when we are stopped by someone clearing their throat. I turn to see Connor looking at Ricky. I already knew where this was going. "Connor I'm just taking your sister out somewhere" he said and sling his arm around my shoulder. I reached up and held his hand that was slung around my shoulder. "Are you two together?" Connor said gesturing toward me and Ricky. "Yes" we say in unison. Connor smiles "then go have fun" he says. Me and Ricky both smile like idiots and start heading out the door with Connor waving us goodbye.

We have been driving for over 30 minutes now until the car stops at a lit field. While in still looking at the scenery. Ricky has seem to make his way around the car to open my door. "shall we?" I smile. "We shall" we start walking toward the field hand-in-handuntil I see a blanket laid down in the middle of the field I turn my head to Ricky and say "Ricky how?" He turns his head down to me. "Every time I was sad or mad I would always come down to this field and just cool off you know? And every time I would come out here and they're always fireflies. And I wanted to bring you out here to experience this night with me" I smiled and leaned my head on his shoulder as we made our way to the blanket. We laid down with our hands intertwined and my head in his chest while his free hand twirled my hair around his index finger. We stayed in silence for about 10 minutes, but it wasn't awkward at all it was like comfortable silence. We just enjoyed each others company as the night passed. "Brianna?" Ricky finaly spoke "yes?" "Look" he said as he pointed to a shooting star "make a wish" I said. "It had already come true and I don't want anything more" I smiled and blushed. "You make a wish" he added "I have what I wanted right here" I could feel him smile at my remark.

When it was about 11 we decided to head home. Once we arrived, I quickly changed into some sweat pants and a spaghetti sleeve tank top. I put my hair in a messy bun when I heard a knock on my door. "Come in" i quietly said. The door opened to reveal ricky in just his boxers and a tank top. "Hey what's up?" I said to Ricky. "I just wanted to say goodnight that's all" I smiled."goodnight Ricky" I smiled and kissed his nose. "Goodnight beautiful" Ricky replied and pecked my lips. He walked out without another word and closed my door behind him. I crawled into bed and just stared at the ceiling for awhile 'Ricky just called me beautiful!' I kept saying that in my mind while I tried to fall asleep.

After about an hour of tossing and turning. I decided to get up to get something to eat. I tiptoed down the stairs to only hear faint footsteps across the hardwood floor. I take a peek around the corner to find that it's Ricky heading toward the staircase. I quietly make my way down and go toward the kitchen and open the fridge. I hear more faint footsteps that are coming more audible. I turn to see Ricky leaning against the counter. "Couldn't sleep either?" I say. He nods. We walk together back upstairs into my room and we just lay together just enjoying each other's company. When j feel my eyelids start to close I feel the bed move and I see a faint figure walk toward the door. "Stay" I say without thinking I hear a faint 'ok' and the bed sink and arms around my waist. I turn and wrap my arms around his torso. I hear a 'goodnight beautiful' before I drift off into a soft slumber.