Chapter 2

Erikas pov

I dabbed the paper towel against my freshly cut arm. My eyes watered and I rolled down my sleeve. I cleaned the blood off the floor before taking the bloody paper towel in my hands. I concentrated and tried to heat my hand up. The Fire shot through and burned it.

Why did I have to be born with these powers? I can hide them pretty well, but I just want a normal life. My parents left me at the orphanage when I was a baby so the government couldn't find me. There was this whole conspiracy thing that every one of us must be killed. I'm pretty sure I'm the last in existence, but you never know. They called us 'Fireflies'. Stupid name I know.

I walked out of my bathroom and sat on my bed.

There was a knock on the door.

"It's open," I yelped.

Mrs. Fletcher walked in, "Erika, pack your bags."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"They want you! Silly,"

"WHAT?!?!?! THE FALL OUT BOY WANTS ME?!?!?!"

"Yep," she said.

I could tell she was crying. We had bonded over the years. She was like a mother to me. She was the only one who knew about me being a firefly.

"I'll miss you," I said with a sad smile.

"I'll miss you too," she looked at me. "Did you cut again?"

"How do you know me so well?"

"You always look guilty when you do."

"Sorry I'm really stressed."

"Try to cut down at your new home." she begged.

I nodded, finishing my packing.

"And try not to burn the house down!"

"Awww, you take all the fun out of it!" I joked.

I finished packing and put one earbud in. I laughed as the first song that came on was This Is Gospel by Panic! At the Disco. "this song suits our situation," I laughed to her.

"Don't ever change," she giggled as We entered the sitting room.

Andy smiled, "I got a reason for carb free cooking!"

Patrick erupted laughing like he did in that armpit fetish video!

"Yes you do!" I squeaked.

Pete laughed, "Ready to go?"

"Yep," I giggled.

I turned and said goodbye to Mrs. Fletcher.

She waved back.

We got in the car. I hope they realize how much danger I'm putting them in. Housing a firefly is a crime that can be sentenced to death. If any of them died, I don't know what I'd do. They're my family now. I must protect them.

((A/N))

Dun dun dun.... Suspence