A life for my family

Patrick's pov

"Trials start today," The woman said.

I looked at Pete. Last time we had a trial was four days ago; the day Bronx died.

I bit my lip as she continued, "Rules are simple. You enter the arena. You wait for the go, and you fight. You will fight until you or the other person is dead,"

Pete raised an eyebrow at her.

She circled us. She stopped in front of Pete, "You,"

I bit back a whimper as she picked up his chair and led him into the room.

She circled some more before stopping in front of me, "And you,"

A smirk grew on her face.

I felt my chair being picked up.

Pete was already untied. He had a nervous look on his face. He was clearly thinking through what he was going to do. He saw me and his expression turned to fear and grief.

They untied me and stood by the door.

As soon as she told us to go, Pete drew a gun and shot the soldiers by the door.

"What are you---?"

"Just play along!"

The woman walked back in. He shit her. I ran out and started to untie everyone.

Pete kept shooting and eventually everyone was free and almost all of the guards were down.

We ran to the rooms where they kept Erika and Declan.

We took them off of everything they were on. Declan didn't have much and Erika looked as if nothing happened.

We ran to the parking lot. The sunlight was blinding. We almost made it to ma van that had lit up when we pressed the buttons for it. Yeah, We stole random keys.

We were about to get in when we heard a loud bang. Pete turned and shot the last soldier that was shooting at us.

"You guys okay?"

Everyone nodded. Everyone except me. My dark blue shirt was stained at the bottom with blood. My breaths hitched.

"P-Pete?"

"Patrick!" His yell scared the shit out of me.

"Pete, leave me,"

"No!"

"I'll take up too much space,"

"No you won't you son of a bitch!" Elsa screamed.

My legs caved in and I fell to the ground. I felt everyone pick me up. They stuck me in the van.

Pete peeled his shirt off, wrapping it around the gunshot wound on my lower abdomen.

Ruby passed him a water bottle and he dumps it on the wound before tying his shirt over it and starting the van.

A hand squeezed mine. Declan was staring up at me. Erika had her hand in Declans.

I gave him a sad smile before I couldn't hold back the lingering temptation of sleep.

-----a/n-------

Sorry crappy and short but I'm tired so... :3 I'm dumb. shoutout to @heeheedragon97 she's an awesome friend and more legit than me! She has some really cool work! Her newest, Light Em Up, is inspired by this story so check it out!

-Emily