Chapter 7

Declan's pov

I watched her be scooped up by dad and laid on the couch. They spoke in hushed voices. I could barely hear Erika say, "I love you," before her eyes closed.

"Laslo," Pete called as his son zoomed past me.

"Pete, Let me handle it,"

I climbed the stairs up into the hall. I stopped at Laslos door. I gave a small knock and I was greeted by a "GO AWAY DAD!"

"It's me, Declan," I croaked, "You know, your best friend.. The one that's always here for you."

He opened it and pulled me in his room.

I was still awestruck by his room. It was large. It was painted red with black splatters and it had the prop clever from the Youngblood chronicles on the end table.

"Declan," he began, "She could die. She could die and it would be my fault."

"It was an accident." I comforted him, "It just shows you're getting more powerful."

"My powers put people in danger,"

"So do mine!" I pushed, "Remember that time I burnt your dad? I felt so bad, but he's fine now!"

"YOU DIDNT END UP PUTTING A SHARD OF GLASS IN HIS STOMACH!"

"Calm down," I comforted, "It'll be okay."

His powers started going haywire. Was he having a wheeze? It isn't natural to have one this early.

"You're better off.... without... me!"

The room erupted in wind and I was thrown back. I slammed into a mirror, which shattered as a large rock flew into Lazlos head, knocking him out.

I turned to see Ruby, her wrist flicked and the rock flew back to her hand. she first ran to Laslo. "Hell be fine," she muttered.

She turned to me, "Holy shit! Declan!"

I looked at her as if she had just said she had jumped off a bridge, "What?"

"It's official! You don't feel pain!" she yelled. "Look at yourself! You're sitting in your own blood!"

I looked down to see a small red pool underneath me. it slowly grew.

"I'm getting Patrick," she left and I heard voices downstairs.

"Guys I think Laslo had a wheeze!" she said.

"What?!" I think it was Pete who replied.

"I had to knock him out!"

"That's not supposed to happen for five years!" Patrick screeched.

"It gets worse," I heard her say.

"What do you mean," I heard dad say.

"Patrick.....," she began, "It- it's Declan. He's hurt. Really bad,"

All I heard after that was rushed footsteps coming upstairs.

A moment later dad bursted through the door. He was shocked at what he saw.

His eyes found their way to me. he soon ran to my side.

I smiled, "Hey, dad."

"Hey, Dec," he smiled, Tears glossed over his face.

I saw Pete walk in and run to Laslo Who was just stirring.

I realized that the pool of blood under me was significantly large.

"I'm scared," I managed to slur.

"It's gonna be fine, okay?" he comforted.

"O-okay,"

"Now listen," he began, "You're going to stay awake. You're going to tell me all about how fireflies use and control their powers. You're going to tell me about ho school is. Just stay with me bud.

I stared at him.

"Declan, don't do that. Please. Declan. Tell me about school."

I didn't respond. I couldn't. I stared as my eyes closed.

"Declan, stop it! Stay awake! Stay with me

Stay with me.

A/N

Sorry if u wanna cry but I love it!