Miss Missing You

Patrick's pov

That nurse was a fake. I feel like everything is fake. I want it to be fake. How did they find out?

I'm just glad Pete and Laslo went home. At least breathers would live on. I'm ready for them to end it. I am accepting my fate. But of course they have to run tests on us. Figure out why we are what we are. If its a disease. If we are extra terrestrial beings, which we are not.

The worst part was, as soon as Erika was out of surgery, they took her and Declan here. Still under the same care, even though they are gonna kill us.

They had us sit and wait for our trials. Trials. That word was nothing but trouble and pain. They would place two of us in their 'arena' and fight to the death with our powers. I didn't look forward to that.

Then, a woman came in. "We got another one," she shouted at two soldiers next to me.

They ran out and emerged a few seconds later with a limp body in their arms. There was a bag over his head.

They tied him up like they did to all of us. They took the bag off his head and my heart skipped a beat.

"Pete,"

I heard a small whimper from Bronx, "Dad?"

"SILENCE!" The woman shouted.

Ruby struggled in her ropes, "What do you want from us? Why are we here? What is wrong with having powers?!"

The woman smirked, "You're dangerous. And to prove how dangerous you are..... YOU!" she pointed at Bronx, "You and this blabber mouth can go in the arena!"

"No! Please don't!" Joe screeched.

"Shut it! Unless you and this one want to go after," She pointed at me.

He slumped back into his chair.

They took Ruby and Bronx into a room and shut the door.

They put the security footage on a monitor. "If you don't watch, You're next,"

Ruby and Bronx stood there for the longest time until the woman pressed a button. "If you don't fight, I kill you both!"

All I could make out from the footage was an "I'm so sorry," from Ruby and an "It's okay," from Bronx.

Suddenly, the floor caved under them and Ruby struck Bronx with several boulders.

He was weak. He could only summon enough power to throw her against the wall.

She landed on her feet. "He's hurt enough! Let us out!"

"Not until one of you is dead!" the woman replied.

Ruby broke into tears.

Bronx gave her a sad smile, "Don't give your life up for mine,"

"I can't kill you, Bronx," she sobbed.

"Yes you can," he coughed, "I'll never truly be gone,"

She gave him a kiss on the cheek before summoning two boulders. She forced them at his head. They hit him with so much force. Nothing could survive that.

His eyes closed. He had a small smile on his face.

Ruby ran to him. "I'm so sorry," She then turned to the camera, "You happy now?! I just killed one of my best friends! My brother! Is this what you wanted?"

She clutched his limp body in her arms and sobbed into his chest. "I did this,"

"This is very much what I wanted," the woman replied, "That means one less of those mangy breathers around,"

My eyes wandered to my left. Joe looked relieved but grief shadowed his face.

I then saw Pete was awake. His face glistened with tears. He had lost his son.

The woman stalked in front of us. "See what happens when you break the rules?"