15

Patrick's pov

All I can remember from the ride to the hospital was Declan. His muffled sobs tore holes in my heart. He must be scared out of his mind.

I couldn't open my eyes now. I am basically a living corpse. I didn't want to open them. I didn't want to. I didn't want to see what was inflicting so much pain. Misery is all I know.

Misery. that word has become too familiar to me. Pain. Sadness. Anger. They all contribute to misery.

I heard the ambulance doors open and the cold winter air pierced my skin. I felt an oxygen mask being pushed onto my face. I realized that I wasn't really breathing properly. Come to think of it, Um not really breathing at all.

The pain finally let me go numb and I finally fell asleep.

----

"Dad!"

Declan's scream aroused me. I stared at the room I was in. It had concrete walls and only one door. It was very dark.

"Declan?"

His shriek came again and that's when I noticed he was sitting tied to a chair in front of me.

"Help."

I couldn't move. I knew someone else was there.

I couldn't stay frozen forever. "I'll help you."

I shuffled out of where I was sitting. Declan looked at me, then his gaze shifted to behind me.

"No!" he screamed.

There was a loud bang then nothing.