chapter 4

Saki Pov

I stayed late helping out Maria.

Maria is the owner of the Cafe. Though the employees and the regulars call her Grandma Cookie because she always smells like cookies. It's rather funny because she also makes cakes and pies and she always comes out smelling like cookies.

The Cafe was originally called Grandma Cookies but then she got into making coffee and tea and what not so it was changed to Grandma's Cafe but most people simply call it Cafe.

I finished mopping the floors in the eating area and moved to wiping down the tables.

Maria is about 56 years old and she would be the one to do all this cleaning. Of course I didn't like that so now I'm here helping her. Mostly because no one else would.

Maria is in the kitchen making all the dough and mixtures for tomorrow.

After I finished in the front I was called into the back by Maria.

" I feel bad for keeping you here, Saki. Your parents must be worried about you. Do they know where you are?" Maria asked.

"Yes ma'am. They were the ones who suggested to get a job to keep myself busy. Mostly because we don't have enough money so I thought I can help out a bit instead of staying home." I lied. Well it wasn't all a lie.

I did need money.

"Well why don't I pay you over-time. I mean it's the least I could do after all the help you have been." Maria said.

But before I could refused she began to talk about her regular customers.

" Do you remember the twins from this afternoon? They are regulars here. I was surprised you were able to tell the difference between those two.Only very few can tell the difference between them. I just happened to be one of those few." Maria said as she made her last pie crust for the night.

" I used to have a twin brother. But a terrible accident took him away from us. That's how I was able to tell the difference between them." I said as I cleaned up the counter as she put all the things in the fridge.

" Oh I'm sorry for your loss dear." Maria said sadly looking down a bit.

" Don't worry about it ma'am. It was a long time ago." I said as I walked into the changing room and changed into my normal clothes.

When I walked out I see Maria standing by the door getting ready to lock up.

" Better hurry up dear before I lock you in here" Maria said with a little giggle at the end.

I jogged over to the door and we went our separate ways.

When I arrived home I seen the cops out front with Mrs. Kima and the landowner who was trying to sell my house.

'Crap. I need to call Ken' I thought as I pulled out my phone.

" Ken it's me Saku. I need you to change everything from my parents name to mine. But I go by Saki now. Anyways you have until tomorrow evening by 7 o'clock to get all that done. If not you'll know what will happen. Besides you owe me." I said in a serious tone right when Ken answered.

"Y-Yes miss right away! I should be able to get it done earlier if I can! If I do I'll call you immediately!" Ken said quickly.

"Good. I'll be waiting." I said and hung up.

"Oh Saki you're here! I was just telling these cops that you live here, but this man was saying that you don't" Mrs. Kima said trying to wrap her arm around my waist but I pulled away before she could.

"So close" I heard her whisper and I felt a shiver run up and down my spine.

" Llame a mi abogado. Todo se resolverá manana por la noche." I said looking at the cop who nodded his head to me. ( I called my lawyer. Everything will be solved tomorrow night)

" Bueno porque este tipo estaba en mi culo durante las últimas dos horas." the cop said back to me before walking away and calling the others away as well. ( Good because this guy was on my ass for the past two hours.)

The cops and the man then left. 

I tried to walk away until I was pulled into a very weird hug by Mrs. Kima.

I felt something touching my butt. I immediately pulled away from her and walked quickly into my house.

'God that was close' I thought as I made myself some food before going to bed.

' I should probably think of a school to go to. That way I can get another job.' I thought before sinking into the world of nightmares.