Trust

I would never leave you
I wish you trusted me enough to know that.

He said as she cried, cried for the girl who came after that statement. The one who would break and crumble under the weight of her trust. Trust him was all she did. Love was all she knew how to do until that day when trust came and shattered her. Shattered like a window a child accidentally threw a rock through, like ice on a lake under fearful feet. She couldn't stand the weight of her trust it was too much to bear when he stepped out from underneath it and watched her drown in its depth. Trust. Never again would she be able to hear the word and not think of the betrayal that comes along with it. Trust. Not a thing she thought she could bring herself to do ever again. Trust. A curse word in her noncommittal world. Trust. A thing synonymous with suffering. But she will learn. Oh she will learn one day when someone makes good on the promise of never leaving and her faith is restored trust will be love and it will once again be all she knows how to do.

8/7/2019

This is so mellow dramatic. Life happened the way it was supposed to. I learned really fast to trust again. Trust is an essential part of life. Having your trust betrayed hurts but dont let it turn you off to trusting good people again, they do exist. 

Sunday March 27th 2020

2020 me was kinda harsh. I had my heart broken by some guy I was never even dating but somehow it was worse. I thought he was my best friend and I poured myself into him and did things I usually wouldnt. Its really easy to look back now nearly 4 years later and see that, that guy was never going to be my person. Monday May 14th, 2023