A little bit of me

Hot cups of tea gone cold. 

Aspartame instead of sugar 

diaries filled with the calories I never ate.

Good enough is a thing I thought I'd never be. It is reminiscent of the age 20 and I was that once so why not good enough.
I've made it to 23 with a new look on life.
I'm a Gemini. Wild eyes, thick thighs, tears left to cry. A back and forth so fast it'll give you whip lash, dizzy laugh, snap back. Remember reality?

A witch by trade. Wonder. where does the occult hide in me. Is it in my sage covered room or the black lipstick? Does it take root in Nigeria from where I'm told my people come? Is it juju voodoo or something else all together? Does it reside in the scars I made myself or in the clouds of smoke I often get lost in?
A lack of wonder is something I've never had. Late nights 2:15 in the morning sitting up listening to the world turn and wondering what it all means.
Aspects of my life sometimes just don't make sense and you know what? That's perfectly ok.
I am higher than a star in my haze filled room that I haven't left in 23 years. The box that holds my soul. It holds my dreams and my nightmares. The lock made of my fear and despair. My soul screams at me to let it out I'm alive! so why am I waiting so long to live?

4/23/2020