Paarth's tension

Sourabh let out a sigh while he was sitting on his couch thinking about all the old memories that "THE MUMBAI TEENS" has given him. Paarth may be junior to him but he was like Sourabh's best buddy. Not only that Sumedh and Paarth are his partners in crime. How could he let this bond break? Yes of course, in the age of FACEBOOK AND TWITTER AND WATSAPP, no one can be in out of touch. But he knew Paarth would never dare to contact him or Sumedh neither he would allow them to contact him. Sourabh knew that Paarth would blame himself for all this drama.

"kya kar raha hai bhai?"
Sourabh looked towards the door, when he heard the familiar voice. A voice which gives goosebumps to all his body. A voice which he can hear 24*7 relentlessly.
POOJA rushed to the room. As usual she was all messy...
"Ab kise mar ayi?" Sourabh asked..
"Oho, Sakha! aj marke nahi ayi. I fell down from my bike. You know i can be extremely messy sometimes"
"SOMETIMES?" Sourabh let out a joky laugh while Pooja chuckled.

Pooja Sharma, the rowdy, the messy, the dominating soul of the college. SOME STUDENTS ACCLAIMED HER AS THE MAHAKAALI OF ST. LOUIS COLLEGE. She is well deserved to be called as the MAHAKAALI. She is the saviour of the college as well. She once saved the college from getting burnt...but that's a different story all together. Let's not lose track now. But she calls herself MODERN DRAUPADI too because of her tremendous self respect and personality. But people fail to notice that beautiful, selfless, innocent girly element hidden inside her. Sourabh is Pooja's best friend..but that's not the case with Sourabh. WHY?
BECAUSE SOURABH LOVES POOJA. But somehow he didn't reveal it to her. Normally Sourabh shares every bit of his daily life with Pooja. But in case of "THE MUMBAI TEENS" Sourabh kept mummed.
Everyone knows that there is a spy team called "THE MUMBAI TEENS" but no one knows who it's memebers are. Anyone who need help from "the teens" they would write a letter to the latter about the problem and would drop it inside the cheque box in front of the cashier counter.

Paarth was lying on his bed thinking about his present problem. He has not eaten his dinner last night neither went down to the breakfast table. But no one cares..After all his parents are concerned only about their narrow minded ethics. In the mean time, Paarth got a call.
Sumedh it was.
"Hello, Sumedh abhi baat karni hai tujhe? baad main call kar na..man nahi hai baat karne ki"
" Tere ghar ke saamne khara hun. Bell baja raha hun. Koi khol kyun nahi raha? ghar pe hai na tu?" came from the other side.
" KYA/?!! WAIT..ARE YOU MAD? "
"NO AM NOT. JUST OPEN THE DAMN DOOR MAN."
So finally after 48 hrs of lying on his bed, Paarth finally went down just to open the door..
" Idhari ruk tu." Sumedh said as soon as the door opened..He went running towards an old couple siiting on sofa.
Before the old couple could react, Sumedh spoke and kept on speaking.
"Uncle, Paarth is too good in studies. Teachers are very upset hearing about his leave. They are requesting atleast to finish his 2nd year course."
" Haa, paise to tumhare baap ka haina beta? Hum iske padhai ke upar kharch kare aur yeh aiyashi karke tumhara woh TEEN THE MUMBAI karke phere." The old man spoke with rage smouldering in his eyes.
"Sirji, paiso ki tension na lijiye, the college would be providing him free scholarship for this year."
Paarth was shocked. He stood rooted beside the door. He knew Sumedh was bluffing. But what if his parents think it to be real? If they really dont pay the fees? Who would pay then? Paarth was confused. He looked blankly towards Sumedh while the latter gave him a wink naughtily..

"Woh baba, actually.." Paarth tried speaking up.
"Tu to chup kar jikra..ha to Sumedh beta, jo tum bol rahe ho woh sach hai kya? Paarth's mom asked. Her eyes revealed the disbelief she had on Sumedh.. "Haa Aunty sahi bol raha hun, teachers are afraid to lose him, so they have appealed to the college authorities for providing him free scholarship." Sumedh said. 
Strangely Paarth couldn't figure out what Sumedh was up to.
"Thik hai ab tum jao" the old man said.
. " but.." 
" kya but? bola na bhej dunga usko college. Jao tum ab"
Sumedh let out a sigh of relief as he walked out of the house. Paarth still looking blankly. Though his initial tension ended but there began another tension for him. THE COLLEGE FEES.

"Kya sakha? Dont taunt me now..you know very well what i am." Pooja said as she grabbed a slice of pizza that Sourabh ordered from Zomato just a few moments ago. 
"When did i taunt you sakhi? But yes, you should learn to be tidy.. AANI MULGI AAHOT TU. " Sourabh replied while he ate his favourite cheeze mania pizza.
"Thamb zara" 
" kya hua...Sumedh tu?"
Both of them looked towards Sumedh who was at that point smiling heavily. 
Pooja looked at both of them suspiciously. She never knew that Sourabh knows Sumedh, his junior. 
"Hello mam, I am Sumedh Mudgalkar, first year."
" Yes, i know. After all you are the college crush and MR Fresher of 2019." Pooja replied while she prepared to leave the room.
"hey tu jaa rahi hai?" Sourabh exclaimed.
"yes, bye" 
Pooja left.
" Suvi bhaiya, girlfriend thi apki?" Sumedh chuckled.
"Kaam ki baat kare? kyun aya hai"
Sumedh explained the whole thing to Sourabh about Paarth, how he convinced his parents to send Paarth to college, about the scholarship, etc. 
"What! Scolarship? Are you mad? College will never provide him free scholarship! Their financial condition is better than stable.! ab kon paise bharega uske liye?" Sourabh screamed.
" I know! But bol diya excitement main! ab kya karu? "
" Now Paarth will suffer worse!" 
Both of them looked at each other with a tensed look. They dont have enough money to pay the fees on his behalf.
Paarth has no way left now. HE HAS TO LEAVE HIS COLLEGE NOW! 

But somewhere Paarth felt confident now. Standing in his balcony he looked at the dimly lit horizon with a new hope. 
MAYBE COLLEGE IS TRULY PROVIDING HIM SCHOLARSHIP, MAYBE HE HAS ACHIEVED IT, MAY BE THERE IS HOPE.
HE KNEW ST LOUIS COLLEGE WOULD NEVER DISAPPOINT HIM. HE WOULD CONTINUE HIS EDUCATION NOW. HE WOULD REMAIN ONE OF THE "MUMBAI TEENS". 
He smiled to himself. He surely didn't know what was waiting for him...