Change of Heart

Sourabh, Pooja, Paarth and Erica sat on the swing under the moonlight. Sumedh was in his room. He didn't want to join them. He was better alone. He was going through mild depression, But he wanted to overcome it in his own way. So he enjoyed the bliss of solitude.
"Guys, kal se hum chor hi hai. We are not established dectective agents. So we cannot expect any help from police. And yes, bohot saavdhani se kaam karna hai, otherwise hum moosibat main padh sakte hai." Sourabh said.
"Yes Sakha, you are right. And apart from that, Mumbai police hume shak bhi kar sakta hai that we are the abductors or something like that. But i am really feeling bad for Mallika's parents. They have lost their universe." Pooja said. There was an awkward silence for sometimes. After which Paarth and Erica left for their rooms leaving Sourabh and Pooja alone.

"Us, Harman ka kya hua?" Sourabh hesitated.
Pooja thought for while. She was irritated with Sourabh's question. She thought of troubling him a bit. "Hum hai deewane, uske deewane." She said.
Sourabh's eyes widened. He felt like killing that bastard Harman. He lowered his head and tried to console himself, but Pooja was testing his patience. She was hurt with his doubts and insecurities. Her best friend, whom she trusted like hell, cannot trust her! "Yes, hum hai deewane, uske deewane. Uski adaa pe main fidaa ho gayi. And you know what he is atleast better than you man, look at you! You are not even my boyfriend, haq kya jata raha hai tu? Main kya karu, kya nahi tujhe kya pharak padta hai?"
"Shut up Pooja! Of Course pharak padta! Boyfriend nahi hu, best friend to hun na! Aur haq! Tu aj haq ki bhi baat karne lagi! Main tera kuch nahi lagta kya?" Sourabh shouted angrily.
"Sourabh.."
"No, Pooja" He interrupted "Aj nahi, Aj haq ki baat kardi tune..Cool. Main kuch nahi kahunga tujhe, jo karna hai kar. Aj se main tera kuch nahi, but professional partners. That's it!"
"Ok..agaqr woh Harman mujhe rape karde to bhi nahi kahega?" Pooja asked sweetly..She knew how to pacify Sourabh.
"Nahi. Aur woh rape karega bhi kyun tujhe?Woh to TERA harmanJi hai na! TERA!" Sourabh screamed
"Agar mar jau, to bhi nahi?" Pooja replied. Sourabh got tensed. He never liked death talks. He held Pooja's hands tightly. He was distressed. His care, concern were visible in his eyes.
"Shut up..tu hamesha aisi baatein kyun karti hai? You always hurt me like this.! You know what! Tu yahi reh. Main tujhse baat nahi karta, Ja! Main chala apne room main!" Sourabh walked off to his room leaving Pooja alone on the swing.
"Abhi tak baccha hi hai.." Pooja thought as she smiled to herself. "Par kya karu, tedha hai par mera hai..Tere iss baccho jaisi harkato se hi toh pyar hai.." She gazed at the stars.

Sumedh was alone in his room, talking to himself. That was his favourite hobby. He was moving on slowly and steadily. He didn't want to think about Sanskruti. But fate doesn't want that to happen. He was disturbed by the banging on the door. He thought, it must be Sourabh or Paarth. He opened the door, just to get stunned. Sanskruti it was. She was injured, bleeding heavily. Someone must have beaten her ruthlessly. Her head was severely injured and it bleeded like hell. Her left eye was protruded and it was black. Her nose also bleeded. She got a leg injury as well, but it was internal. Sumedh forgot all the betrayal that Sanskruti gave him. His only concern was to make Sanskruti better and treat to her wounds. He was so scared. Sumedh picked up Sanskruti in his lap, as she was about to faint due to weakness and pain, and brought her to his room. He called Sourabh and other teen members fast. Doctor was called immediately. After Sanskruti's check up everyone left Sumedh and Sanskruti alone. Sanskruti was not senses. She was still faint. Sumedh sat beside her and tended to her wounds. She remained unconscious all night. Sumedh also stayed awake for the rest of the night. Tending her wounds, checking the saline bottle which was given to her, and sitting beside her and praying for her dear life, Sumedh did it all. He completely forgot the previous incidents. He cried, because his Sanskruti was unconscious.His love was unconditional.

Morning 9:00 am, Sanskruti gained her consciousness. Still, she was too weak to speak. The members of Mumbai teens gathered around her. Sumedh let out a sigh of relief as she was now conscious. Sanskruti looked at Sumedh drowsily.
"Kisne kiya tumhara yeh haal?" Sourabh asked.
After struggling a lot to speak, Sanskruti whispered very softly, " Accident." Only Sumedh who was sitting very close to her could hear her. He repeated loudly.."Keh rahi hai accident."
Sourabh thought for a while and looked at Pooja, who gave him a doubtful look. "Okay, Rest now. We will come again after some time. And Sumedh tu so ja zara, Kal puri raat jaga hai tu." Sourabh said and the others left the room. Sanskruti gave a grateful glimpse to Sumedh. Sumedh was upset with Sanskruti with all the past incidences. But he decided not to leave her alone in this condition. But he wanted a break at the same time. A break from seeing her face. Sumedh was about to get up from the bed but Sanskruti held his hand, asking him in silence not to leave her. Sumedh kept to her request and remained seated there, beside her. But he didn't look towards Sanskruti even for once. Sanskruti felt guilty about her deeds. Though she didn't know that Sumedh knows everything about her, she felt like confessing her shameful deeds to him. But she was too weak and lacked energy even to speak.