Is Mallika Alive?

"Vivian sir is very intelligent.. " Sumedh said while he sipped over his first morning tea. Everyone agreed to what he said.
"Par humara suvi bhi kuch kam nahi. " Pooja replied and gave a romantic look at Sourabh, who looked down and smirked sweetly. "Ab yeh to praise karegi hi" He thought to himself.
"Haan ab ap to kahenge hi... Girlfriend jo theri. " Erica taunted Pooja and everyone laughed. Pooja blushed but at the same time she gave Erica a tigress look which made her silent.. After all she was called Mahakaali for a reason. Sourabh pulled Pooja near her and pressed her shoulders and she became calm and girly. Paarth also looked at Erica and both of them too shared a romantic eye lock for a moment. Precisely, love was in the air. But Sumedh was in some other planet. Because he was supposedly the single guu in the group and the first one who had gone through a heartbreak. But unlike him, Sanskruti gazed at him for a long time. Sumedh was unaware of this fact as he was looking on his mobile screen. Sanskruti didn't care whether Sumedh loved her or not, but she was in love, deep love and most importantly true love. This was not a drama anymore. Sanskruti thought about Sumedh 24*7 and she had this firm belief that if her love is true, then one day Sumedh will also realize her love for him. And that would be the day of rejoice. And she waited for that day eagerly.
Sumedh was getting agitated with the lovey dovey atmosphere. It appeared to him as if a romantic and a dramatic megaserial was going on which had no end. He faked a cough which broke the monotony of the romance and everyone else in the group including Sanskruti got their logical sense back. They looked down to hide their blush and then the conversation was back to normal.
"Accha, isse accha mauka nahi milega, suvi bhai, discuss about our next action. " Paarth said.
"Ab hume kuch karneka nahi, jo karega, wahi log karenge. Un logo ko humare baare main saare information hai. To zaaher hai, ki yeh wala information bhi unke paas chala jayega. Aur agar yeh information unke paas gaya to they will surely plan something. " Sourabh said.
"All these are okay. But my question is, how are they getting the information! Agar bahar se to college ka koi unhe information de raha hai, aur agar college ka hai to baat khatam. Lekin banda hai kaun?! " Erica replied.
"Bandi bhi ho sakti hai" Sanskruti finally, FINALLY! FFFFIIIIINNNNAAAALLLLYYY, spoke up. Everyone looked at her suspiciously. "Kya! Mujhe kya dekh rahe ho tum log! Maine wahi kaha ji mujhe laga. Don't overthink what I said. " Everyone looked elsewhere.
"She has a point. Yeh zaroori nahi, ki Mr Verma ya hotel ka koi staff hi yeh kar raha hai. Koi aur bhi ho sakta hai, jispe hum shaqk nahi kar rahe hai. " Sumedh supported Sanskruti. For the first time Sumedh spoke for her and this gave her immense joy.
"Hmm, par jo bhi yeh kar raha hai, woh chup nahi baithega. " Pooja said. "And yaad hai na, humne kaha tha ki humare paas bohot bara saboot hai! Woh log woh saboot ko lene zaroor kuch karenge. "
"Hmm.. "
Their conversation came to a halt when Sourabh's phone rang up.. It was Vivian Desena. Sourabh picked up the call.
"Be alert tonight. And yes not only tonight but for the next every minute and second. Anything suspicious, inform me. " Phone hanged up.

Evening 6: 12 PM, Mr Verma surprisingly, called Sourabh and Sumedh in his room. Of course the requirement was predicted.
"What is the proof sourabh? Mr Verma asked him. 

" I knew it.. He is curious " Sumedh thought to himself. But his expressions wre calm. 

"I am not supposed to disclose that sir. " Sourabh replied calmly.  "But We will inform the mumbai Police very soon. Vivian sir knows a bit of it not the whole thing to catch the criminal. Only we have the proof. And if we have to disclose it,  we will do that only to Vivian Desena Or any other mumbai police. Requesting your leave sir. "  Sourabh and Sumedh left the room leaving a curious and an upset Verma behind 

"Mujhe pata tha,  saale ko saboot ki pari hai" Sumedh complained. "Kahi yeh criminal to nahi? "

"Nahi,  yeh side villain ho sakta hai,  but not the main. " Sourabh replied. "Pata lagana hoga ki kya ho raha hai. Mallika's murder,  drugs,  Verma's kidnapping,  The old rape case, and the old drug case,  everything is interrelated. " 

Midnight: Sourabh and Paarth slept in a room. Pooja and Erica slept in other room. And very obviously Sumedh could not have left Sanskruti alone in her condition till she completely recovers. But it was against his will though. Today the teens shared the rooms because they knew that they should be more careful.  

Sumedh was fast asleep and he is one of that people who sleeps like "kumbhkarn". Sanskruti on the other hand was having a disturbed sleep. But soon she was awaken hearing a noise. And to her dilemma ,  the moment she opened her eyes, she saw a figure standing in front of sleeping Sumedh. She was horrified, but she was still injured to be quick in her actions. And her biggest fear seemed to appear true when the figure took out a knife from the waist and was about to step Sumedh. Sanskruti, though in immense pain,  managed to stop the figure. The altceration awakened Sumedh and he saw An injured Sanskruti fighting for HIS life.  Sumedh was blank for a few seconds and then he went back to his mode and saved Sanskruti from the figure and at the same time caught hold of the figure. Whoever he or she was, he or she wore a black mask to keep his or her identity unrevealed. But it didn't take long for Sumedh to open her mask,  revealing the face..  And to their shock,  the figure was a girl. Sumedh and Sanskruti both knew the girl! 

Sumedh and Sanskruti both were stoned. Maybe their soul ran out of their body. And taking advantage of this blankness and trauma that Sumedh faced ,  the girl pushed him back and jumped from the balcony and was vanished in the night. Sanskruti and Sumedh both were stunned. But Sanskruti was smart. She clicked a few pictures of the girl and Sumedh when they were indulged into fighting. Sanskruti saw the pictures she clicked and showed it to Sumedh.. 

"How the bloody heck is this possible! " She exclaimed. 

"Mallika! " The only word that Sumedh spoke.