CHAPTER 16

♣ZIAD♣

"You getting married!" Hamzah ran into me pushing me backwards. I wasn't really paying attention to what was happening and I ended up falling in the hot Egyptian desert sand. My mind was racing and I couldn't concentrate properly. I didn't bother getting up and just sat with my elbows resting on my knees. I'm getting married. Me. Ziad Abdul Hamid. A few months ago I would have laughed if someone told me I'm getting married but here I am, in Egypt the day before my wedding with my two best bro's. I was too nervous sitting at home so my father made me go out. He gave money to Ahmed and told him to take me to a hotel for the night. I was so grateful for that, I really needed it. I don't know why I'm feeling like this though. I am always focused on what needs  to be done and I get it done. I don't have time for making mistakes and fooling around. I just work the way I'm supposed to. I guess I have to since my job is obviously important. There's a lot of people depending on me and what I do. I won't lie though, I know how to have fun. I spend the whole night out sometimes with Ahmed and Hamzah. We can get into the worst of trouble and we'll still do it again without caring about the consequences. Everyone thinks I influence them but they don't know how they are. Just because they have to listen to me doesn't mean that they do.

But I guess I won't be able to go out in the night much once I'm married. Immediately reality came crashing back at me and I remembered the reason I was out here. But before I could get nervous again a stone fell in my lap and I looked up.

"Hey Ziad! Stop dreaming about Shazia. Lets go now man, I'm hungry." I gave Hamzah a look and he kept quiet immediately. Ahmed laughed at him and punched him playfully on his back as he walked past him. He walked towards me and offered me his hand . I sighed and took it as he pulled me up again. "Okay let's go than. Where to?" I walked to the car we hired, a huge black jeep, and got in without waiting for the other two. I sat in the drivers seat tapping on the stearing wheel while Ahmed and Hamzah took their own sweet time walking. Ahmed got in the passenger seat and Hamzah got in the back.

" Let's just go home, maybe Shazia made that pasta again." Again I gave Hamzah a look in the rear view mirror. How does he not understand that I need a distraction? We ended up eating at a restaurant on the same street as our hotel. The food was good but Hamzah was right, Shazias was much better. After we ate we went to the mosque for Esha namaaz. I made an extra long dua asking Allah to keep me and Shazia happy always and to grant us a long and blessed marriage. Insha allah everything will go well. I'm not sure if she even wants to get married to me. Inshalla it won't be a problem.  After we were done we went back to the hotel. I really needed sleep and time to think. I went to go and have a shower and by the time I was done Ahmed and Hamzah were out like lights. I went into each of their rooms to make sure that they were really sleeping. Before I went to sleep I had to check something. I pulled out the bag with my suit and kurta for tomorrow. Inside was a silky green scarf. It's a wedding gift for Shazia which I will give to her father in the morning for her to wear. The moment I saw it I thought of her. I don't know if she'll wear it since I don't know what colour she's wearing tomorrow. But to me it's perfect since it's the exect same colour as her eyes. That's the reason I took it.

My eyes were starting to close so I went to bed. Tomorrow is a busy day anyway.

I woke up early and went to go pray my fajr namaaz. I felt alot calmer and all my worries were gone away. I'm not nervous anymore and can finally think properly. How great is Allah. Hamzah refused to wake up and I had no time to sit and wait for him, so Ahmed and I went downstairs for a breakfast buffet. We sat and made our plans for the day while we ate. When that was done we caught up on some work that we missed out and that needed finishing up. Hamzah finally decided to grace us with his presence and managed to drag himself out of bed. When he saw what we were doing he just groaned out loud.