Chapter 13

♣SHAZIA ♣

I told Mariam about what just happened outside the bathroom and we couldn't stop laughing . Again. That was the cutest thing I've ever heard any guy say.

" Oh my word, do you know what that means Shazia. It means he likes you and you make him nervous. Ahh, I can't believe this." She jumped up and down on the bed.

" Oh please Mariam, I doubt anyone makes him nervous. Have you seen how big he is. "

" Awww, oh my word you like him too." Ya Allah, where does this girl get all her stories from. I just ignored her and jumped into bed. I pulled the blanket over my head and went to sleep.

I woke up at 11:30 this morning. I was really tired, my ammy had to pry me out of the bed for fajr this morning. Thats the last time I sleep so late. I spent the whole day packing my bags . I didn't take everything that I owned with me. My ammy is going to send them over to me when I get to Arabia. I spent the whole day deciding what I should and shouldn't take with me and in the end I didn't have much clothes with me but I don't really care. My parents also planned out a supper for me and family and friends tomorrow night. I don't know when I'll see them again so it has to be a special occasion.

" My darling, I put the clothes that I want you to wear tomorrow on your bed . Don't mess them up and hang it somewhere."

"Jee ammy don't worry, I know what to do. " I went around my ammy who was packing the washing on the bed and put my arms around her. "You going to miss me right? And you won't forget me?" She hit my hands away.

" Ofcourse I will. What kind of a stupid question is that." I laughed and she just smiled but I saw a tear in her eyes. "Oh ammy, please don't cry. I will try and come visit you and abba as much as I can ok?" I put my arm around her shoulder and she leaned her head on mine.

" Oh my baby, phone everyday and don't get into any trouble. Read all your namaazes and always pray to Allah. Be nice to your in laws and respect them. "

"Jee ammy, I will. " Suddenly I realised that my wedding is on the day after tomorrow. No wonder my mother is so upset now. I felt a bit sick now, like someone put a spoon in my stomach and mixed it. How can I leave my parents alone? What was I thinking. But I know that I can't change my mind and I don't want to. This will make my parents happy so I will go along with this and try my hardest not to disappoint them.

" Also," my abba came in the room and sat with us.He kissed my forehead and I wiped away my tears."My darling, look after my son ok. Look after Ziad." I smiled at nodded my head. I will try my hardest to be a good wife to Ziad. I stood up and hugged my parents . Then I got up and went to my room. I just closed the door when someone knocked on it. I slowly opened the door and looked at Ziad. He faced his back to the door and I couldn't help but smile. "Can I help you, " I asked.

" I saw you crying and just wanted to see if you ok. "

"Alhamdullilah I am. Thank you. " I closed the door but he just knocked again. I opened it again slowly and looked out.

" I also needed to tell you that my mother said we should have our talk now. " Yes, I had completely forgotten about that.

" Ok I'll be down now. " He nodded and walked away. I cleaned my self up and dried up all my tears before walking downstairs to talk to Ziad.

I met aunty Ayesha in the kitchen before I went outside where we would be talking. She gave me a humongous hug and I happily realised that I was starting to like her more and more everyday.

" Don't be nervous my child, you and Ziad will be very happy Insha Allah." I nodded and walked outside.

I found him walking around the tree kicking a stone around. When he heard me coming he leaned against the tree and waited for me. It reminded me of the day Mariam forced me to go talk to him.