CHAPTER 18

♣SHAZIA♣

I am so excited! I would have never thought that Ziad would take me to New Zealand for our honeymoon. I always wanted to go to New Zealand and now I'm here. I can't believe it. There are so many places that we have to go to. If he doesn't mind though. I couldn't stop smiling and I knew he was happy about it. His eyes were shiny with excitement even if he still looked so serious. When we left the airport there was a really smart black car waiting for us outside. I don't know the name of the car because I'm really bad at remembering them but I knew instantly that this car probably cost him an arm and a leg to hire for two weeks. As we walked towards the car I started to feel a bit uncomfortable. People were staring at us from all sides which made me feel really nervous. I think they were looking at how we were dressed. After the lunch we didn't have time to change so we both came in our wedding outfits. Ziad in his suit and me in my green dress. Two men stood in a corner smoking something that smelled terrible and made my eyes water. The one was old and short and the other man was tall and very young. He looked to be about 25. They kept staring at me and whispering to each other. Then the younger one gave me a sly smile that made me want to run for the hills and burst into tears. Immediately I felt strong arms around me. I looked up at Ziad but he stared straight ahead as we walked. His jaw clenched hard but he didn't say anything. I looked back at the young man and I could see that he was angry too. What just happened? I am really confused now. Ziad opened the door for me and I got in without a word. He got into the car and looked at me.

"You okay?"

"I think so." I gave him a weak smile and he nodded.

"Let's go than." He started the car and we left the airport behind. While we were driving I made a silent dua thanking Allah for getting us here safely. It was already dark outside and I was beyond tired. When I had finished making dua, Ziad stopped outside a beautiful hotel. It was amazing! It was elegant and so regal looking. All the lights were on making it brighter and more eye catching than it already was. I looked at Ziad to ask him a question and when I turned I realised he was staring at me.

"I love watching your reactions to everything. It's amusing." I blushed slightly and laughed.

"Well you keep surprising me. Are we staying here?" He nodded.

"Are you serious!?"

He laughed softly. "Yes princess,I'm serious." I was still staring at the huge building. How could he even afford this. How could anyone afford this. I couldn't look away from the beauty of the place. Suddenly my door opened making me jump. Ziad held my door open and held out his hand. Oh Allah, It's just him. He almost gave me a heart attack. I took his hand and got out of the car.

"Our bags are already in our room. Someone took it up for us."

"That was quick."

"No, you were just staring at everything for hours." I gave him a look which made him smile. He took my arm and we walked into the hotel. The reception area was just as beautiful as the outside. The lights were like crystal and the floors were like mirrors. We went to the reception desk to get our room keys where a cute old lady was sitting. She smiled when we walked to her . "Mr and Mrs Abdul Hamid am I right?"

"That's right." Ziad took the keys from her and signed us in. Shazia Abdul Hamid? Thats my name now. It's not too bad. When I was younger me and Mariam were always worried that our husband will have a wierd surname. That was my biggest problem then. Now I know better though, I know there are other things to look for in a husband besides a nice surname. He should be respectful and obedient to Allah's commands. As long as he has those qualities you will have an amazing husband. I was pulled away from my thoughts when Ziad started walking to the elevators. I followed him up and finally we were at our room. I gasped when we walked in. It was more like a house than a hotel room. The lounge was the first thing you see when you walk in and it was huge and full of glass chandeliers hanging everywhere. The kitchen was on the side with every kitchen thing possible and an oven that could bake the worlds largest pie. The bathroom had a bathtub the size of a pool and the shower had three heads. I was in such shock. The worst thing was that there was only one room. Please don't tell me we have to share a bed. Oh Allah I hope not, I'm not used to him yet. The bedroom was big too. It had a big four poster bed in the middle and a fireplace directly opposite with a couch in front of it. There was a beautiful chandelier hanging from the ceiling directly on top of the bed. The fireplace was already lit and our bags were already in the room and thats when I realised that I was really tired.