FOUR

My parents notice my long face and don't even bother to ask about the competition.   I enter my room and lie down on my bed suddenly my phone beeps.

 I have a new message from Jackson, saying he's sorry.

 For what? I text back.

I invented their drone. He texts.

When? I text back.

Two weeks ago, I didn't know it was for the project, he texts.

Whatevs, I text back.

Jackson doesn't text back, I guess he is probably thinking of something awesome to cheer me up maybe a shrink ray that I could use to shrink those girls that kicked our butts. I'm already plotting in how it would be.

  Two days later, I'm headed to my locker when I see someone waiting for me. Zee. She has her hair tied in a ponytail and in her hand are some big textbooks. She smiles when she sees me revealing her braces, she's the only girl I know using braces, she reminds of a character in an Enid Blyton story that uses braces and wears glasses. I'm thinking she wants me to carry her books but it's something else.

  "Hi."She says to me when I approach, "What's up." I say. "Everything's okay, I just got the news that by next week my braces will be off..." Did I mention she talks a lot?

  "Anyway," she says trying to be nice. "I know you Jackson feel  bad for losing..." I'm already fuming but I try to keep calm by counting one to ten, slowly. "I'm having a party this Saturday, I,m hoping you could come," she says. A party is she serious, I think she is.

For some reason, I'm no longer angry. "I'll be there," I say to her. She starts smiling but then stops when somebody grabs her by the shoulder and spins her around. This somebody is the reason why you never want to spend to much time in the hallway or in the bathroom or in the locker room or anywhere else in the school.