Chapter 6 - Who I Am

Chapter 6

A week has passed since the incident and Jungkook is about to lose his mind. He stares at the unconscious girl on the hospital bed. That's supposed to be him on that bed but out of nowhere, this girl ran and pushed him out of the way of the approaching car. The doctors said that she's fine already but she has yet to wake up.

A nurse walks in and greets Jungkook. The nurse then checks the girl’s vitals and writes it on her records. Park Rosé. That's what her records says though that's really not her name. Nobody knows her name. No family member of her has shown up yet. They've asked many people for help already but there's no records of her anywhere. Jimin has this theory that maybe she doesn't really have a family at all and have been living a hard life on her own that's why she selflessly saved a stranger from accident. He cried at his own theory and claimed her as his sister, saying he’ll make sure that she not gonna have a hard life anymore. Jimin then took the liberty to name her Rosé, as he heard it from the delivery guy who brought Jungkook’s food exactly at that moment he’s in deep dilemma. Of course, Jungkook found it ridiculous but Jimin managed to convince the hospital to use the name until she wakes up or in case her family arrives.

Jungkook’s friends sometimes visit the hospital to check on him. They wanted to make him feel better that it's not his fault the accident happened. He's glad that they're always there for him, especially in this time he needs them so much.

Still, he hasn't told his friends about what he saw that time nor their break up in the first place. He doesn't want to think about it just yet. Though, one time, when the image of Gayoung and Donghyun appeared in his head, he spilled the story to the girl. Jisoo once told him to tell her good stories, maybe it will help her recovery, but that one wasn't a good story at all. Maybe that's why she's not waking up. But it made him feel a little better to have told it to somebody else.

“So, Rosé.” he starts talking as soon as the nurse left the room. “I am writing this song, haven't finished it yet, but I want to share a part of it. It's a sad song though so I'm not sure if you'll be fine hearing it. But I hope you will like it.” Jungkook clears his throat before he reads the lyrics.

I wish it was a game
Cuz this hurts too much
I need to heal my medic
But I’m another star
I blame myself for not being perfect
Brake in my head, brake in my step, always
I just wanted to be good
I just wanted to make you smile.. damn

He paused then started singing.

Please give me a remedy
A remedy to make my frozen heart beat again
Now what do I do?
Please save me, give me another chance
Please give me a… lalala lalala lalala.” he stops at that with a shy smile. “I’m sorry. I told you it is not finished yet.”

It is the first time he started writing again after everything that had happened to him. At first, he is doubtful of doing it as he's lost of words for everything but then he kept on hearing the word ‘remedy’ in the hospital so he wrote it in a paper then slowly the words started to flow from his mind freely.

“So… what do you think? If it's okay then maybe move a finger or open your eyes, perhaps?”

He waits for her reaction but gets nothing. He sighs. Maybe he needs to finish the song first before asking for her opinion.

It is already late at night and Jungkook finally feels sleepy. He positions himself on the couch and lets sleep take him.

What he didn't know was that in the middle of the night… the girl finally moved and opened her eyes.

The next morning, Jungkook starts panicking when he sees the bed empty. Is she-

He runs outside the room and hurriedly goes to the nurse's station. “Where is Rosé?” he asks one of the nurses.