Chapter 24 - Cheat Fate and Logic

"You're a what?" Jimin asks, clearly confused at what I told him.

"An angel." I repeat. For like the 10th time already.

Jimin chuckles. "Of course, sweetie. You're an angel. You're always an angel in my eyes."

I sigh. I have to be patient. This is not something I can force someone to understand in just one sitting. But apparently, somebody's patience is waning. "PARK JIMIN, WE'RE NOT FUCKING JOKING. SO CAN YOU PLEASE-"

"Jennie!" Yoongi warns.

Jimin brushes the back of his head out of frustration. "Why are you guys being like this? Why do you keep on telling me that Rosé's an angel again and again. I already said I know. Who doesn't see her as an angel? She's been nothing but a blessing to us. I seriously can't understand why the big deal out of this? What? Is she an angel and apparently she needs to ascend back to heaven? Please."

"Chim." Jennie's voice broke.

"Jennie Kim. Why do you sound like that?" Jimin sighs out of frustration.

I walked to him again and took his hand to mine. I chuckle. Both of our hands are so small. I seriously can pass as his sister. No, scratch that. I am his sister. That's why I want him to know who I am.

"Park Jimin. My brother. I finally remember everything." I give him a smile. "Hi. I'm Chaeyoung. That's my name. I'm an angel who fell on earth..."

Jimin's eyes waver, he starts looking everywhere but me, until I finished what I was saying. "And I need to go back."

Jimin's head snapped to face me. His eyes are wide. "You're leaving? Again? Where? I'll go with you. Do your parents want you to go back to them? Can I talk to them? I'll tell them that I'll take care of you. They can always meet you, I can buy a house for them here. Can I get their number? Will you let me talk to them?" Jimin keeps pouring out all of these questions. I kept on shaking my head no, and soon we're both tearing up. "Yah, don't leave me, Rosé." He pleads.

"Chim. I have no parents... or any place here on earth to go to. I have to go back up there-"

"No." Jimin stands and walks out of the room. Jennie follows him but I just freeze in my place.

If there's anyone here on earth that deserves to know my fate, it's Jimin. I can go on and on in listing all the good things he had done to me and I won't ever stop. He is family. And I don't want to take that away from him. That's why I want to tell him the truth.

I think Jimin had some trauma when I left for Busan. That night when Yoongi told me the rest of the truth, Jimin panicked because I was suddenly out of his sight. Nobody could calm him down until Yoongi got back and informed him that I wanted to be alone by the sea. He panicked when he saw me crying by the shore though he stayed by my side until I calmed down. Being the dramatic brother that he is, he cried when I finished. Of course, I was shocked. I thought that he just didn't want to be outshined in the drama department.

What shocked me was what he said next. "The last time you cried like that... you left me."

I wanted to cry again that time... but the thing was, Jimin cried like a toddler. I knew I shouldn't make fun of him but... I can't help it. I laughed. He slapped me but hugged me tight afterwards. That's when I know, I had to tell him. Right there and then, I decided that I'll give him a tear when time comes.

"You okay?" Yoongi asks. Ahm right. He's still here. I asked them to help me, that's why Jennie and Yoongi are here. They are the ones who would understand Jimin the most. Soon, when I go back, they'll be the only ones who'll carry my memories. Jimin will be needing them for support.