Chapter 16 - Both of our Truths

A guy comes in. A guy comes out. A guy comes in. A guy comes out.

Same apartment. Different nights. Same guy.

It's the same guy coming in to the apartment again, flowers on his hands. "Will you marry me?"

"Yes."

Then there are hundreds of different photos of that guy. It keeps stacking up, and in a matter of seconds, it pounds on my head. There's too many photos of him and it's reaching the walls of my mind and soon... it will explode.

God, help.

"AH!"

"Rosé!" Jungkook reaches immediately for my hand as soon as I sat up right from where I was lying.

I don't know what to do other than grab him and hug him for the life of me. I'm so scared of my mind. I'm so scared of him.

Help. I start crying my heart out like a child who cannot explain what she's feeling. I hold his hand as if my life depended on it.

"Hey. Everything's gonna be fine." Jungkook soothes my back as he tries to calm me down. But the image of the guy's there again at the back of my mind. Song Donghyun.

"Who is he?! Get him out of me!" I cried in pain as if there's a monster in my brain trying to get out of it.

"Who's he? Rosé... are you remembering something?"

I cannot answer anymore because I'm having a hard time breathing. Jungkook rubs my back and massages my hand at the same time to help me calm down. Rosé, breathe.

A little while later, I managed to calm down. Jungkook hands me a glass of water. I had a hard time holding on to it which he noticed so he helped me lifting it up so I can drink.

"Thanks." My voice came out rough so Jungkook, being Jungkook who always care, forced me to drink more that I choked on water. "Yah! I'm fine."

Jungkook sighs as he grabbed a napkin and wipes the spilled water from my face. "Please don't do that to me again."

"Do what? You're the one choking me to death-"

"Making me worry. When you're in pain, you tell me okay?"

Is... this person real? "Okay."

"And... don't go to where I can't see you."

I can feel another batch of tears coming. Do I really deserve this kindness I'm receiving? What if I'm not a good person? What if there's a monster in me waiting to come out when all is too good to be true? What if I hurt you?

"How are you gonna hurt me?" My eyes went wide to what he said.

"What are you talking about?"

"You said-"

"I wasn't speaking, Jungkook."

He was about to say something when the door suddenly opened and Jin came in with Taehyung.

"Rosé, you're awake!" Jin easily swoops me into a tight hug which made Jungkook let go of my hand. Even though Jin's literally crushing my bones right now, I can't take my eyes off Jungkook, who has this small frown of confusion showing on his face.

"Yah. Hyung, she just woke up. Don't crush her." Taehyung managed to take Jin away from me. I averted my eyes from Jungkook and managed to give a smile to Jin and Taehyung. "I'm glad you're awake. Do you feel well?"

I nod at them. I'm better-

It's there again. The image. I try my best not to flinch. I just hope my smile didn't falter for them to notice.