Lessons Learned

Y/N

"Jay, can i come in?" I stood outside her door. She opened the door and walked back to her bed.

"If you're here to judge me and yell at me, please leave," Jaylee said. "First of all, excuse me, and second of all, as your sister I'm trying to be more understanding than mom and dad are," I said.

"Well, I don't know what I did wrong," she said. "Who is this guy?" I asked. "He goes to my high school, he's a senior," Jaylee explained.

"When did you guys first meet?" I asked. "In the hallway, he said he's seen me around and then we made out," she continued.

"Okay," I swallowed. "Did you know he was gonna be legal in less than two months?" he said.

"Yeah, and he started college," she said. "Listen, our relationship has been all good vibes until mum decided she was gonna break us up," she said.

"Does he have a job?" I asked. "Yeah," she answered. "What does he do?" I asked.

"You know, anyways..." she said. "He's a roadman, ain't he?" I asked.

"But, I love him,"  Jaylee said. "Jaylee, he sells drugs," I reasoned.

"Nobody can accept that I love him and he loves me too," she said.

"Jaylee, the last time you decided to get with a drug dealer, you were beaten, used and you were almost killed," I told her.

"He's different from the London boys, he's a gentleman," she said.

"I refuse to see you like that again. You're still on meds for it because of the anxiety it gives you," tears were rolling down my face.

"You're my little sister Jaylee, all I want to do is protect you, but if he's so 'different', keep sneaking out," I walked out of her room.

I left that house and didn't look back.

***
Michael

It's Saturday, which means Y/N and I are going on our date.

She doesn't exactly know what we're gonna do, but it's something we've never done before. "Mike," Y/N said from the bathroom.

"Yes Y/N," I responded. She didn't say anything, so I responded. She came out in a nice floral dress.

"Wow," I said. "You like it?" she asked. "Of course I do,"  I licked my lips.

"Well, let's head out," I said. We walked to the car and I made sure to open the door for her.

She got in and we were off to our destination.

***
Y/N

Our date has been so fun so far. We drove around town for about an hour before picking up some In and Out.

Now we're sitting on the rooftop of a parking garage at 12 in the morning, eating our In and Out.

"Michael, is this legal?" I asked. "By looking at that sign over there, no," he said.

We both looked at each other and laughed. A nice breeze blew upon us, causing my braids to move with it.

And we were there until about four in the morning, chilling and talking. Okay, maybe we had sex, in our car, a couple times...

***
Michael

After a nice five hour nap, we were ready to go get the kids. Y/N and I walked up tot the door together, holding hands.

Y/N's mom opened the door. She had Isaiah in one arm and Mariah in the other.

"Good Morning," she said. "Good Morning," Y/N and I replied.

She handed them the overnight bags and looked to her left. "Jaylee is coming with Kyden and Matthew," she said.

Y/N's mom walked away and Jaylee came with both boys on her sides. Y/N avoided almost all eye contact with Jaylee.

I sensed the tension and took the kids to get strapped in.

Y/N

"Y/N, I'm sorry," Jaylee said. I looked up at her and could tell she really was sorry.

"You were right, he blocked me," she said. "He blocked you?" she said.

"I called him and it kept ringing once before going to voicemail... he blocked me on Twitter too, but I saw him on Instagram with some new girl," she explained.

"It's okay to not be in a relationship, Jaylee. Yes, it's hard to see your friends be so happy, but you need to be focusing on school," I said.

"Okay, I'll be focused from now on," she said. "I'm not having this conversation with you again," I told her.

"We won't be," she said. I looked to see Michael waiting for me in the car.

"I love you and I'll see you later, bye," we hugged. "Love you too, bye," she replied.

***

We are planning the twins birthday party right now in our room.

We're not doing anything big and we're not going to have a theme. But, their are going to be center colors and some of their favorite characters around the room.

I just can't believe that in a month and a half, the twins are gonna be one.

But, there's also a lot going on and one thing that's been on my mind since Michael told me...

"I decided," I said. "On the colors, already?" he asked. "No, I decided that I'm going to visit Tati," I said.

"Okay, it's your decision," Michael replied.

***
Steelo

Tasha and I just finished snorkeling and we are now headed back to the beach house to chill before our dinner reservation.

"You know what I want?" I smirked. Tasha rolled her eyes and turned her face to hide her smirk.

"I know you hiding that smile over there," Steelo said.

"Steelo, if you say 'dat ass' one more time..."

"Yeah, whatchu gon do?" Steelo joked. Tasha got real quiet and Steelo laughed.

"Oh, you quiet now?" Steelo chuckled. "Wait until we get to that room," he put his arm around her and kept walking.