Try Again

Michael

We're at Y/N's scan looking at our beautiful baby. "Do you guys want to know the gender?" I waited for Y/N to answer and she said no as usual.

"Well, here is the baby's face," the nurse pointed to a little face on the screen. I looked at the baby and he or she looked like the perfect mix of us.

"The baby has your nose," Y/N said. "But, the baby has your lips," I replied.

Our ultrasound quickly finished up and we headed back to Y/N's parents to get the kids.

We packed up everything and went to a park. Y/N wore a hoodie to hide her stomach even though it was very hot.

I brought Matthew his bike so he could learn to ride without training wheels.

I put him on his seat and let him pedal until I let go and he rode all the way down the path.

He didn't even notice until he looked back a little bit later. He continued to pedal, so I sat and encouraged him.

Y/N was pushing both of the twins on the swing set. I decided that I should bring Matthew over to swing as well.

Y/N

I saw Michael and Matthew walking up to us. "Hey! Nice to see you join us," I said. "Mommy, I rode my bike! By myself," Matthew said.

"I saw you! I'm so proud of you," I said. Matthew climbed into his swing and Michael started to push him.

We talked with the kids as we pushed them for about thirty minutes before deciding to grab lunch.

We drove in the car together and it was silent. All the kids were knocked out from playing.

So, we just decided to grab some burgers and go home.

We put the kids down in their beds and I knew Michael and I would have to talk.

"Look Y/N, I'm seriously trying," Michael said. I shook my head, "What happened with that girl yesterday then?" I asked.

"I asked her a couple of questions about something in a private area and somehow someone photographed us," he answered.

"But why? Why her? Was she more important?" I asked. "No, she wasn't, I thought she'd help me answer a question, but she didn't," he replied.

I took a bite of my burger and the baby kicked. "Woah, did the baby just move?" Michael looked down at my belly.

"Yeah, you can feel if you want to," I asked. I lifted my shirt over my belly and Michael slowly put his hand down on my belly.

The baby stretched in response. I could see Michael's eyes light up. "Hi baby, it's your daddy and I wanted to say that I love you and no matter if you're a girl or a boy, I'm going to love you unconditionally," Michael kisses my belly.

I missed this. I missed us. But, I couldn't just forgive him.

***

"Auntie Duckie's back!" I opened the door at seven in the morning for this.

"Duckie!" we hugged each other, except she instantly pulled away and looked at my stomach.

"You're pregnant!" she said. "Yeah, I am," I smiled.

Just then, Tati came out with a look of disgust on her face. "Hey Tati, this is Duckie," I introduced them to each other.

They stared each other down for a few seconds, "Hello," Duckie smiled.

"Yeah, hi," Tati said unenthusiastically. "Just came to say hi, I'm going back to my hotel now," Duckie said to me.