Chapter 1 - Is that you?

**Ally's P.O.V.**

I was sitting on the couch in Caleb's living room. Well he insisted that I called it our living room.

He was at work right now and I'm just waiting for him to come home. Today was his birthday. Hopefully this year will go better than the last.

Last year he came home way too late and was just really tired so we didn't celebrate it properly.

These two years have been fairly simple and peaceful.

*

I took a look at my phone and sighed. Caleb better be home soon.

Wait.

Today was November 17th. The day that I always have dreaded.

A tear ran down my cheek as I remembered the events that had taken place on that day.

Just as I started to cry, I heard a key being put in the knob. It turned slightly and it was open by Caleb.

"I'm home baby." he said happily.

"Happy birthday my dear Caleb." I said walking up to him, my eyes still a bit red.

"What's wrong Ally?" he asked, obviously concerned.

"Nothing. Don't worry."

"No. I know there's something wrong. Now tell me please."

"Well today's the 17th." I said simply.

"Yeah I know today's the seven- Ohh. Come on Ally. We've talked about this before." he said stroking my hair. "He didn't deserve you and now he's in the past."

He was right. Mike was my past and he was my future.

I smiled up at him and softly pressed my lips against his.

"That's my girl." he smiled.

Today was four years since I had first met Mike back after that concert. He seemed so nice. It's a shame that we ended bad.

*

"Let's go celebrate." I said cheerfully.

"Can we stay home today and just have a home cooked meal and we'll go out on the weekend?" Caleb asked.

"Whatever the birthday boy desires." I smiled kissing his forehead.

"Yay." he giggled.

"Let me just run to the store and get some things I need to make-"

"STIR FRIED RICE." Caleb said enthusiastically.

"Of course."

"Hurry babe." he pouted.

I nodded as I put on my sweater and grabbed my keys.

"I'll be right back." I said before walking out the door.

The air was fresh. It felt so good against my warm skin. I went around and got into the passenger seat. I put the key in the ignition and started the car.

"Now I don't wanna feel a thing anymore."

King for a day was at full volume. I turned it down quickly because it would make me start to cry.

"Fuck with this new beat." Vic said. Then Mike's drums started playing. I smiled because I loved how he had such passion towards them.

I sang along tithe rest of the song as I drove to the store.

*

I grabbed a little basket and made my way to the refrigerated isle.

I grabbed a couple of bags of frozen vegetables.