Chapter 15: Looking Back Part 1

Summer passed on quickly and the next thing that I knew if we were heading back to MSU

Summer passed on quickly and the next thing that I knew if we were heading back to MSU. It was hard to leave, but we have to get an education somehow. Before we left, we spent some time with Mom. It is so hard to believe that it has been 2 years. 2 whole years. I have told Dad that whenever he feels ready he can find someone to love and that Mom would want him to. He proceeded to tell me that I'm all he needs. I told him that sometimes I'm not enough. It ended with us both crying and being sappy. Story of my life, honestly.

The next 3 years passed on. It was pretty boring actually. There isn't really much to tell.

"Hold up, that's is not how the story goes," Kate says interrupting my story.

"Shhh, I'm telling the story," I say putting a finger against her mouth to shut her up. She pushes it away.

"Then tell it the right way, starting with Sophomore year."

"No, I'm telling it my way."

"Then tell it right."

"No, if you want it right, how about you explain it." Did I mention that we are graduating in 36 hours? No? We just finished up our senior year of college. Isn't that hard to believe. Before we get back to our campfire stories, let me tell you something, the past 3 years were better than expected. Stay tuned to find out.

2 years ago, Sophomore Year

I had just gotten back with Willow and the crew from spring break in Ohio. Toby couldn't join us this time because his family was going somewhere, at least that what he told me. It was all really last minute, which is weird because I know he was looking forward to seeing his Aunt Ivy and Uncle Ryan. I head into my bedroom after the 12 hours drive and I start to unpack. I know that Willow and Murphy are worried about me, but it's fine. I'm fine. Right? I throw all my dirty clothes in my basket and I close up my suitcase and I go to put it in my closet and I see one of my old t-shirts on the ground. I grab it and I see that it is one of the shirts that I would wear all throughout high school. Toby would always see me in it during our video calls. I thought that I had gotten rid of all of these. I take off the shirt that I had on and I slip this one on. I look in my mirror and it reminds me of high school. It feels like my junior year all over again. That year changed my life.