9

Chloe's hands were trembling, she had never been this nervous in her life. This is her chance, maybe her only shot at happiness. Marinette was the only person she could be her true self around (Queen bee) and still feel okay. Everyone hates Chloe. She doesn't show it, but it really hurts her. But with Marinette it's different, she treated Chloe like an actual person instead of the scum on the bottom of her shoe.

It was now or never. Chloe knew she had plenty of competition, that's why she had to act fast. At this very moment she could spot at least six of her classmates, eyeing Marinette like prey.

She ran up to Marinette, almost knocking her over as she crash landed.

"S-sorry!" Chloe stuttered as she pulled her self up.

"Oh it's okay! I'm the clumsiest person you'll ever meet so I know how it feels." Marinette giggled.

"Oh um well, while I'm here, I was wondering if you would maybe..." Chloe rambled, searching for the words that seemed to get stuck in her throat.
"... want to go out with me?" She finally spat out, scrunching up her eyes with anticipation.

"I'm so sorry Chloe, I like you but I don't think I can do that."

"Oh..." Chloe's heart felt heavy, like it was close to falling through the floor.

"NO-wait. It's nothing to do with you, but my last date ended horribly and I just can't bear for that to happen. I'm so sorry. But I would love to be friends?" Marinette asked hopefully.

"Yeah, I would love that." Chloe smiled sadly, before walking away.

Marinette felt horrible, but at the same time she knew she couldn't accept. It would kill her to have her heart shattered for a second time that month.

Mari felt a weight lift off her shoulders that she didn't even know she was carrying. She heard a stampede behind and she reluctantly turned around to locate the noise.

An extremely angry looking Alya was hurtling towards her.

"Why were you talking to Chloe!" She demanded.
"I thought I warned you about her!"

"I know but-" Mari started.

"You know what? I don't want to hear it." Alya stormed past Marinette, leaving a confused, sad bluenette in the middle of the hallway.

-

Lila scrambled to pick up her books, after slamming into some girl in the hallway. She expected the girl, to call her names like everyone else. But instead the girl started apologising profusely. Lila mumbled quite apologies in return, until she looked into the eyes of the girl she knocked onto the floor.

Marinette. Lila's heart nearly stopped.
"Hello?" The blue eyed beauty called, snapping Lila out of her trance.

"Oh um hi! I'm Lila, nice to meet you!" She stuck out her hand waiting to see what Marinette would do with it.

"Marinette." She said as she took it. Lila pulled her in closer using her hand, and kissed both her cheeks. A light blush danced over Marinette's cheeks.

"That's how you say hello in France, yes?"
Marinette nodded slowly.

"Hey what class do you have next?" Marinette asked, clearly trying to break the silence between the two.

"Um Math, I think."

"Great! Wanna sit together? I usually sit with Luka but he's sick and I would much rather sit with you than that stupid Agreste kid." Marinette said with an eye roll.

Lila's heart fluttered. "I would love too."
-
Sorry it's short, but I wanted to post in honour of 1,000 reads! Thank you guys so much! I am extremely grateful and I don't deserve this! I will also be updating on the 18th cuz it's my bday hehe. Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote if you like this story!