Chapter 3: "Hm? What's wrong, angel?"

Well, we just adopted our new fur-babies, we're dads now!
As we were walking back to the apartment, I realized something...FuC--!
    "Lance!"  I exlaim, worried.  He looks up, over to me.  "Hm? What's wrong, angel?"

I have a pretty worried expression on my face.  How could I forget?!?
    "We didn't get any food or supplies for our cats!"  My hands are shaking a little, especially the one Lance was holding.  Lance noticed, and squeezed my hand reassuringly.

"Oh! Hehaha.." He smiled, giggling sweetly.  "Don't worry!  I bought some food and all that good stuff a while ago!
  Of course I'd want to be prepared! Even got toys!"  His smile kept lighting up every time.  Lit up my heart each time too.
      Man. of. my. life..

     I sighed with relief, giving him a little smile of gratitude. 
    "Ah, phew..thanks babe.."  He nodded, responding with  an "mhm!"
Now that that's solved, I hold the door open for him dramatically.  That's just how I'm romantic, flex much? Yes.

He chuckles, and then proceeds to enter the apartment.  Following behind him, we make it to our room.
   Putting the pets down, Lance sighs, watching them get to know their surroundings.
Lance smiles, not knowing that I, Ante was watching him.  Yup, I'm marrying him....Change. My. Mind.

I feel my face heat up, just a little though.  I must be blushing...how long have I been staring at him..?
  Snapping out of my thoughts, I see Lance looking back at me. We keep eye contact for a long time.  He looks to the other direction immediately after also snapping out. But I manage to catch a glimpse of his face pink up a little before that..

 But I manage to catch a glimpse of his face pink up a little before that

Cute...

Uh..--after that, we decided quickly, and very awkwardly together, to feed our cats already..all while we were both a blushing mess.
    Lance tried showing me to the pantry without me seeing his red, strawberry face.  So he barely checked to see if I was following him.  Which, as the kind, handsome, gentleman I am, I was indeed following.

    He showed me all the supplies he had bought before-hand, we took out the pet's food and bowls.
Although...we haven't named our cats yet...

Our cats had finished eating, so we had played with them and their toys.  The black cat...he's a guy, right..?  I mean, he's constantly covering all of his stomach, is he..a girl?  I decided to pick him up after he had gotten bored of the toys.  He's pretty small, so I could easily grab him with one hand, and pull his tail away with the other..

Once I did, I had dun' goofed.  Yep, that's a lady alright.  But why was it covering its stomach all the time?  My eyes shifted up to her tummy.

                            I let out an  "Oh.." once I saw what was on her stomach...