VII.

~ Jasmine's Point of View ~

Ellie comes walking in with some tea. I smile and sit up. I take the mug and feel the warmth against my hands. Ellie sits next to me. She looks at me and smiles.

"Do you feel better yet?" She asks. I nod.

"Yea. Again Ellie thank you for everything." I say.

"It's really no problem, Jasmine. You can always count on me and my mum." She smiles. But still there is one question in my head.

"But doesn't all of this ruin your popularity?" I blurt out. She stares at me and starts giggling.

"Don't worry about that. I honestly don't care about my popularity. It's not that pleasant." She says. I frown.

"Why not? I mean, everybody adores you and loves you. I thought it was nice."

"That's the problem. I don't need to be adored or loved. All of my friends are fake. They are just my friend, well because I'm popular. They only hang out with me on school and that's it. Not after school or in the weekends. Just school." She sighs. I don't understand but whatever. It's still better than me. Nobody even talks to me on school let along outside of school.

"Can I take a shower?" I ask after a while. She smiles.

"You don't have to ask. You can use everything you want. What's mine is yours." She still smiles. I can't help but smile as well. I might show her my scars one day. Maybe even now.

"Ellie, can I show you something?" I ask. She looks at me.

"Uh, sure?" She says more as a question. I laugh.

"Don't freak out or anything." I smile and take my shirt off. I go stand in front of her. I look down. Scars and faint bruises all over my stomach. She gasps softly.

"She did this?" She whispers barely even speaking. I nod. She stares at them. I have big scars and small scars. Her hands moves closer to my body but stops and goes back.

"It's okay, Ellie. You can touch them if you want." I say softly. She nods and brings her long slender fingers to my body again. Her cold hand touches my scars, which makes me shiver. She traces them with her finger tip. Some are new and some are old.

"Does it hurt?" She whispers.

"No." I say. She brings her lips to my biggest scar and kisses it softly. I shiver again.

"Go take a shower. You're cold." She says and sits back, probably shocked by what she just did. I nod and walk into the bathroom. God, her lips against my body felt so good. I smile and step in the shower. The hot water warms my body instantly. I take Ellie's shampoo and rub it in my hair. Her shampoo smells so good. Like strawberries. I wash out my hair and scrub my body. It feels good every time to be able to take a shower whenever I want. Back home I could only shower once a week because it was to much money for everyone to shower multiple times a week. So I was the only one who could shower once a week.

The fact that my brother blames me, still bothers me. I mean, who walks up to their parents and ask to get beaten? Exactly, nobody.

I turn off the water and dry myself off. I step out of the shower and see that Ellie laid clothes down for me. I smile and put them on. I look an the mirror and stare at myself. I look pretty good. I walk back into the bedroom.

"Ready?" Ellie asks. I frown and nod.

"Good because we are going somewhere." She says and grabs my hand. We walk downstairs.

"Mum, we are going out." Ellie says.

"Ok, love. Be carefull." Tracey says. We walk outside and Ellie opens the car door for me. I get in the car and sit down. She smiles and closes the door. She runs around the car and gets behind the wheel.

"Where are we going?" I ask and she pulls out of the driveway.

"If I would tell you, it would be no longer a surprise." She smiles. I groan. I hate surprises. She giggles.

About an half and hour later we arrive at a lake. Ellie opens my door and I step out. My mouth drops and my eyes widen. The lake is surrounds by flowers in all kinds of colours. Pink, purple, yellow, orange and white. It's absolutely beautiful. Ellie smiles and takes my hand and guides me through the field. We go up a hill and stand still. Now you see the lake better. And next to the lake is picknick set up. No! Ellie didn't do that for me did she?

"Ellie?" I ask and stare at the picknick. She smiles and walks forward. I follow her and stand still near the picknick blanket.

"Yea, I did this for you. I don't want to see you sad anymore. It kills me inside." Ellie mumbles. I blush. I haven't blushed in a long time. I sit down and pull her down next to me. I hug her tight.

"Thank you, Ellie." I say. "Thank you for everything."

"You don't need to thank me every time, Jasmine. With this, I want to thank you. Thank you for coming in my life, Jasmine."