XXIII.

~ Ellie's Point of View ~

I tried to stay home with Jasmine, but she wanted to go to school. To get her mind of things. I think she needs sleep but she won't listen to me. I gave in and we went to school, but I can see she still can't keep her mind of things. We currently sat in the cafeteria and Jaz is playing with her food.

"Baby, we can go home if you want. You don't have to stay here." I say for the tenth time. She looks up at me and gives me a sad smile.

"I'm fine, Ell. I promise." She says and tries her hardest to make the smile seem happy. I nod and smile back at her. I see the pain. It's written all over her face, but she won't admit it. Finally she takes a bit from her sandwich, but she isn't enjoying it. I pretend not to see it and look the other way. I take a sip from my tea, almost buring my mouth.

The bell rings, dismissing from our break, to the next class. I get up and walk to the trash. I throw my food in it and place the tray on the table. Jasmine does the same and takes my hand. I bring her to her class room. This period is the only time we don't have the same class.

"Don't think too much, babe. It's the last hour, you'll be able to see her in an hour, okay?" I say, gripping her hand tighter. She looks at me and nods.

"I will, Ellie. Don't worry so much." She smiles and kisses my cheek. Her cold hand leaves mine and she disappears in the classroom. I sigh and walk to my own, a few doors further. I walk inside and take my seat near the window. I look outside. It's Autumn, my favorite season of the year. It gets colder, and you need cosy, warm clothes. The leaves change into beautiful bright colors. I smile and sigh again. If I feel bad about this, I can't even imagine how Jasmine feels.

+
+
+

Class went pretty fast, it was art. I was painting the colorful threes. I glance at my painting, it's almost done but it needs more. But I don't know what. I look outside again. I already have the blue greenish sky, the orange and brown leaves. I grab my pallet again and mix up some different shade of brown. I make a little bench with two people sitting on it. It's not the best thing ever, but I know it will make Jasmine a little bit happier. I paint some grass and finish some things. I put my pallet down and take a step back. I glance at every detail of the painting and figure out if it's good enough. My art teacher comes walking to me.

"Miss Goulding, this is absolutely beautiful." She says. I look at her and smile a bit.

"Thank you." I say back and look back at my painting again. She told us to clean everything up and she will call our names and get it looked at. I cleaned my place and sat down. A few people where before me but their grades weren't so good.

"Miss Goulding." She calls. I get up and take my painting. I walk to her desk and show it to her again.

"It looks really amazing, Ellie. You have a real talent. Definitly an A. No doubt." She says and scribbles the grade behind my name.

"Thank you, Miss." I say and walk back to my desk. After ten minutes we are dismissed. I take my stuff and walk to Jasmine's room. Not much later she comes walking out.

"You made that?" She asks in awe, after I showed her my paiting. I nod proudly and smile at her.

"Ellie, that is really beautiful." She says.

"It's for you. That's you and your mum there, on the bench." I say and this time I get a real smile of her. "I thought, it would be nice for your mum's room in the hospital." She looks at me, her eyes filled with tears.

"She'll love it. Autumn is her favorite season." She says. I smile and we walk towars my mum's car. She greets us and we get in the car, driving off to the hospital.

+
+
+

Her mum looks worse, sadly. Her face is very small and she lost much weight. Cancer is such a stupid disease. Nobody should get that. Jasmine slowly walks up to her bed and shows her the painting I made. I stay in the back, not wanting to intrude their moments. Her mum smiles faintly and turns her head towards me. Her eyes say enough, Take care of my daughter. I nod slightly and smile a little. Her mum turns hed head back and says something to Jasmine. She looks at me and back at her mum.

"I'll wait outside." I say to Jasmine and walk outside. I close the door behind me and gaze through the window one last time. Jasmine is crying and hugging her mum. I sit down in the waiting room and pull out my phone. I have a few text messages but I don't bother looking at them. Most of then are from Hannah, being a bitch like always. I should really block her or something. I kinda feel bad for ignoring them, so I open then anyway.

Hi Ellie, I rlly want to talk to u. How bout tonight?

Ellie I'm serious. Stop ignoring me

Fine then we won't talk have it your way bye

Please Ells talk to me :(

I sigh. It seems like she is being real this time.

Sorry han I'm @ the hospital rn. Things r bad with Jasmine's mum. Let's talk tmrrw x

I hit send and get a response right away.

Sounds good thnks x

I put my phone in my pocket again and pick up a magazine laying on the table next to me. I flip through the pages, until I hear a little scream. I put it away and get up. Everything right after, is a complete blur.

~~

LOLOL CLIFFHANGER.

Y'ALL THOUGHT I WAS DEAD OR STH BUT I'M STILL HERE BITCHES

I've been so busy lately and I started another story, but I felt like completing this one first

So yeah what did ya think happenend? i think it's pretty obvious haha

Vote and comment ♡

Lots of Love,
Serena x