XVI.

~ Jasmine's Point of View ~

~ A year later ~

A lot happened the past year. Mom somehow got released from Jail and she apologized. She really did change. I moved back, without Ellie's approveal, so our friendship broke. She hates me now. She was there for me when I needed someone, I know. But she didn't believe my mom and almost locked me in my room so I couldn't leave. Eventually, Tracey let me out. I packed everything and thanked them for all the support and help. Tracey brought me home, she was disappointed but she supported my decision.

Also, everyone of Ellie's 'gang' hated me as well. But I didn't care. I did made a new friend, Chelsea. She was new on school and she talked to me right away. Nobody every did. She did because she probably didn't know what everybody else thought about me. And that was nice.

Tomorrow was my birthday. I was finally turning 16. Mom was overly excited that it was my birthday. She was being mysterious about it, so maybe she planned something. I hope she doesn't invite Ellie or anything.

"Hey girl!" Someone yells. I turn around and see my best friend running towards me.

"Hey Chels." I smile and hug her. She breaks our hug and throws her arm around my shoulder.

"You're turning 16 tomorrow." She squeals. I laugh.

"Yea, finally. I think my mom planned something, she is being really mysterious." I say. Chelsea looks at me and I stop. "You know something about it?" She bites her lip.

"You do! Tell me!" I demand. She shakes her head.

"I promised not to say anything to you." I groan.

"Great. I hate surprises." She smirks at me. I frown.

"You'll love it. Don't worry." She says. I sigh. We arrive at the classroom and we sit in our usual spot.

"I can't wait until I turn 16." I say. Chelsea chuckles.

"It's not a big deal. You can't really do anything else. I mean, you still can't go into clubs or drink alcohol." She says.

"That's true." I say. The teacher enters the class. She starts class but no one is really paying attentions.

"Jasmine Collins." I hear my name. I look up. Everyone stares at me and I shift uncomfortable in my seat.

"Umm, yes?" I say.

"It's your birthday tomorrow." She smiles. Why is she even smiling?

"That's right, yes." I say. She is still smiling. What the hell is going here?

"Just wanted to tell you." She says.

"Yea, like I forget my own birthday." I say a little bit to harsh. I cover my mouth, embarrassed what I just said. The class starts making noise. My cheeks flushed and I lay my head on the table. Not bothering to say anything.

~•~•~

I got everything from my locker and I was about to turn around but someone was in my way. I look up, to see a brown haired girl. Hannah.

"Umm, hey Hannah. Can I help you?" I mumble.

"You left Ellie." She states.

"Yes, I am aware of that." I mumble again.

"Why?"

"Because, she didn't let me go back to my mom." I explain.

"You know she is hurt right?" She says.