Chapter 2 - What's Up, Drunks?

(Nixon's POV)

"Boss, we got a new delivery in the back." My manager, Jeff, told me, stepping into my office.

Loosening my tie a bit, I rolled my selves up to my elbows as I stood up from my chair. I smiled, already expecting the delivery. "How many?"

"Twelve so far, sir." He nodded once, handing over the paperwork for me to sign.

Signing my John Hancock at the bottom, I followed him out to the back of the dealership to see two cabs with huge trailers carrying six cars each, three at the top and three at the bottom. "Nice." I nodded, gesturing with my hand. "Take them down."

Just then, my phone rang. Zayne. "Hello?"

"Sup, bro?" He said.

"Zayne, I told you about calling me at work." I scolded, turning to walk back into my office. "I'm busy." I told him.

He scoffed. "Well, now you're busy talking to me."

Rolling my eyes at his antics I begin getting impatient. "Whatever dude, what do you need?" I asked him, now reaching my office as I took a seat behind my big, black wooden desk, in my huge black, leather chair that was fit for any king.

"Oh, are we still on for drinks tonight?" Zayne asked as I heard shuffling around in the background.

I made a face even though he couldn't see it. "Why wouldn't we be? We go out every fucking Thursday for drinks."

"Well, I'm just trying to make sure." He sighed. "You remember what happened two months ago."

I shrugged even though he couldn't see me. "So, what, that was one time and I only didn't go because I stopped talking to you and Jess for a week. Serves you right for trying to hook me up with every chick that would walk through the doors of the bar." I nearly yelled. "And that's counting the thick one with the semi-hairy chin."

"We're just trying to look out for you, bro." He said softly. "And what's wrong with a little bit of weight on a chick?"

"The weight was fine, it's the hairy chin that I couldn't do." I almost squealed. I took a deep breath to relax. "I know, it's just that I specifically told you guys that I am not ready to start dating again."

"It's been over six years since she left, you need to move on." He said. "I'm sure she has."

Repressing a growl, I strained to speak. "Hanging up now." I hung up the phone before he could even get a chance to say anything back, nor did I care what he had to say.

Getting back to work, I finished close to closing, so I left leaving my manager to close up considering I wouldn't want to wake early in the morning after a night of having drinks with the guys. I'm an efficient businessman, but I need to be able to have a life on top of everything or I'll end up losing the rest of my mind.

I lost the majority of it when Kadynce left...

Arriving home, I took a shower before dressing down and lounging on the couch to watch a movie, Rocky, to be exact. I remember the first time Kadynce and I watched this together, she said she hated fighting movies but watched it anyway because she enjoys the love story.

I miss her, so much. It still hurts me, every day, to know that she is gone and is probably never coming back.

Drifting off, I was suddenly woken up by my cell phone blasted in my ear. "Hello?" I answered it, not even bothering to check out the I.D.

Rubbing the sleep from my eyes, I heard loud laughter in the background. "Bro, where are you? It's past eight and you're supposed to be here already." Jess exclaimed through the phone.