♟ Chapter 20 ♟

B E L L A

B E L L A

"Follow me, you piece of shit," Kathy said before walking towards the exit. I bit my tongue back from spitting a smart comment. After two minutes, We reached the back of the school building. I looked at her confusedly. Why were we here?

"We are here so that no one would be able to hear our conversation," Kathy said with a big grin plastered on her face. What was she planning?

"Oh, okay," I paused. "So, what did you want me to do?"

"Well, you see, Xanthos is made for me and I'm made for him. We both are soulmates. However, he isn't accepting that fact," she sighed. "He likes you," she paused whilst glaring at me. "No, Scratch that. He loves you," she spat the last sentence as if it gave a bitter taste on her tongue.

"Stop being a typical queen bee, will you?" I couldn't hold the remark back. "And you think he loves me? Word to word he calls me mate." She had a confused face before smirking. 

"Seems like you know nothing about it."

"Well, I want you to make him hate you more." Uh? I was about to shake my head but got interrupted. "Your secret."

I immediately nodded my head approvingly. Oh god, what was I doing? "B-but I have no idea on how to make him hate me more."

"Neither do- wait, I want to have some fun today. Xanthos loves the black jacket that he's wearing today. It's his favourite jacket. You have to just do one thing. Spoil it or tear it." My eyes widened. How was I supposed to do that? I didn't want anyone suffering just so that I could hide my own secret. I knew how it feels to lose something or someone that we adore the most.

"No, I'm not going to do that. Spread whatever you want," I said confidently. Kathy had a shocked expression on her face before it turned smug.

"Don't worry, you needn't do what I have told you to," Kathy said with a mischievous smirk on her face. Why was she smirking? I just rejected her 'order'. I turned around and walked back to the Physical Education class.

When I entered, I saw students playing Basketball. I felt a tap on my right shoulder. I turned around to only find Mr.Milan glaring at me.

"Where were you. Ms.Alby?" He asked sternly.

"Umm, sir, I needed some fresh air. I felt like throwing up my breakfast. Please forgive me for running out of the class without taking your permission, sir." I bowed my head down to show him that I was truly sorry.

"It's fine, dear. Are you okay now? Would you be able to play basketball?" He asked genuinely.

"Thank you for accepting my apology, sir." I looked at the Basketball court and saw how vigorously everyone was playing. "I would like to sit for some time." He nodded his head before walking away from me to the court.