♟ Chapter 15 ♟

B      E      L      L     A

"Your back has healed. However, there are only scars left," Dr.Nicola said after she examined my back. The ailment had actually made my wound to heal faster.

"How did it heal fast? You put the ailment thirty minutes ago," I inquired confused.

"Umm.. uhh... this ailment has a special chemical added in it. So, yeah your back healed fast."

What type of chemical was that though? Maybe portions?

"Ok, Can I now get discharged?"

"Sure hun, but before that, Alph-Xanthos will have to see whether you're good enough to get discharged." When she said Xanthos name I got reminded of what happened a few hours back.

"Why?"

"His signatures are there on the 'admission sheet' and in this hospital, we don't immediately discharge a person. We allow the person who has admitted the injured or sick person to decide whether he/she is in good condition."

"That's a weird rule," I muttered under my breath. However, she heard it.

"I know, dear, but we all are under one supreme control," she said before she asked a nurse to call Xanthos. I didn't want to see him. Now I understood as to why people feared him. What if he'll hurt me again? What if he started abusing me?

The door opened revealing Xanthos. I noticed Dr.Nicola bowing her head. I got up from the bed I was sitting and tilted my head down. I heard him sigh.

I lifted my head and saw him looking at me with distress in his eyes. They were pleading me for something. He stared at me whereas I just continued to look at him in fear. Not because I was scared of him, but because he might get harmed if he knew anything about my life. 

"Alpha, Can she get discharged?" Dr Nicola asked him with a shaky voice.

"Bella-" I interrupted Xanthos. 

"Heard you did all the check ups on me," I glared at him. "Now do you believe me?" Don't believe me, Xan. I thought unreasonably.

He intensely at me longer than needed and said, "that doesn't mean I'm entirely letting you go." I blinked in surprise. No, I want him to let this matter go. 

'Bella don't-' My heart opposed me but I can't let him stay on my side for my happiness, that would be so selfish of me. 'No, I've to distance myself' 

I decided.

"Who the hell are you to intrude my life huh?" I breathed heavily as I felt tears welling up. I'm being way to mean but I've no other choice.