♟Chapter 41♟

BELLA

BELLA

I really preferred to collapse as the perfectly carved creature was walking beside me.

"Our plan one is done," he muttered as he lifted his arm to keep his hair away from falling on his eyes. The way his muscles bulged made me to almost trip on a small stone. He turned his head to look at me causing me to quickly look away from him. "Was my mate checking me out?"

I was almost able to hear the smugness in his voice.

"She wasn't," I whispered.

"Awe." He stopped in front of me and pinched my cheeks. "This hot man--" he pointed at himself. "--is all yours." Blood rushed my face as I pushed his shoulders lightly and tried to walk past him. "Careful, sweetheart. There might be small insects ready to bite you."

"Stop talking like that!" I whisper yelled.

"Stop talking like what?" He asked as he caught up with me.

I groaned and continued walking.

"Like that, you know like a flirty guy?"

He laughed lightly and muttered, "I can be any type of guy for you." He held my hand in his causing sparks to erupt in my body. "Hmm, I just love this sparks that travel in my body whenever I touch you. These sparks ensure that you're safe and together with me."

I felt warmth course through me as his words hit my ears. I glanced around myself and noticed a pair of spiders making web together.

Me and Xanthos walked in comfortable silence. 

Abruptly, the smell of blood hit my nose. My eyes widened at what I saw in front of me.

"X-Xanthos..." I breathed out his name.

The path that we were walking was leading us to a vast opening where different creatures were either tied in a machine which looked like it was prepared to cut each and every creatures limb by limb. I was sure there were at least more than a fifty creatures present there. Another few were either getting chased by a few men who were wearing armour like clothes and were holding silver rods.

Small huts like structure were burning. I watched as a tiny wolf came running out of its shelter with fire liting it's back.

I heard whispers and grumbles of people clearly, though I was far away from the village.

"When would t-this agony end--Ahh!"

"Be careful, Alpha. Your shoulder hasn't healed after the punishment that our king's Beta gave you." I heard a female voice whispering.

I took slow steps forward whilst pulling Xanthos along with me.

I turned my head to look at him only to notice his eye colour was no longer the same shiny brown which was filled with softness and playfulness but instead, it was dark red with pure anger swirling in his orbs. They moved and watched the two guards who were standing behind the trees with predatory eyes.