That moment of gladness

-Luke POV-

I woke up with a jump. I fell asleep in the chair. I yawn, it isn't a very comfy seat to sleep in. I look over to Mackenzie in bed with a smile thinking about her being home.She wasn't there, and I stand up and walk over to the bed. It was just a pile of sheets. Shit. Has she woken up already, has she gone walk abouts? I quickly run downstairs my heart pounding like a drum. What if she has gone outside and something happens to her. I get to the bottom of the stairs and notice something on the couch I walk over and see Mackenzie asleep. Relief runs through my body. Thank God she is okay. I don't think I could forgive myself if something had happened to her. I smile and walk over to her. I put the blanket over her and lightly kiss her on the forehead. I walk into the kitchen and start making her some pancakes for breakfast. I didn't know how good they will taste. Or turn out.

-Mackenzie POV-

I wake up slowly rubbing my eyes. I notice there is a blanket on me. Did I sleep with that last night, I don't remember wrapping myself in it. Then I realised I was still on the couch I never went back up to bed. Omg Luke, I stood up to head back to my bedroom Luke will wonder where I am. I stand up running my eyes I look up and see Luke in the kitchen. He smiled "Morning"

"Morning, sorry if I scared you. I fell asleep on the couch. I woke up and came down here and Ashton came down here and we started talking because neither of us could sleep" Luke smiled and stopped what he was doing. Was he making pancakes? I could tell by the mess he had made. The funny thing is he doesn't cook. He walks over to me and wrapped his arms around my hips, he kissed me on the check "Don't worry about it babe, at least I know your safe" He said looking me in the eyes moving the hair out my face. I laugh pushing his chest away from me "Are you making pancakes?" I ask walking over to the messy bench, he laughed "Yes, I don't know how good they will taste" He mixed the mixture a little looking at it in disgust. Calum came down the stairs looking like a zombie wearing only boxer shorts. He Jumped when he noticed me standing there. I wore Luke's red checkered flannel top and shorts. He looked at Luke "What the fuck are you making?" He asked in disgust walking over to the bowl he was mixing. "Pancakes" Luke laughed mixing the bowl with a smile on his face. Calum walked away shaking his head. He sat down at the table and looked at me "Did you get much sleep last night?" He asked I took a seat at the table "Yeah a little bit" He smiled. Michael came down the stairs not long after. He looked even worse than Calum did he groaned at the site if Luke in the kitchen "Don't make a mess, you'll be cleaning it" He said sitting at the table, he rubbed his eyes. He looked horrible. He didn't look at Calum and I. He picked up a banana which sat in the fruit bowl and ate it. He ate it quiet fast. He looked up and smiled at me "hi" He said in a happy tone, I smiled "Mornin" I replied. Ashton came bounding down the stairs in gym clothes. "Where are you going?" Michael asked flicking his banana skin over to Calum. "For a run" He said grabbing his black Nike shoes from the corner of the room. I love running. "Can I come?" I asked, the boys all looked at each other. Luke shock his head with bulging eyes. Ashton smiled "Yes you can" I shot up stairs and got dressed quickly. I threw on my fluro pink sports top and black spandex. I grabbed my socks and shoes from the corner and ran down stairs. The boys all sat around the table discussing something but they stopped when I got there. I smiled "Carry on" I said flipping my head forward and gathering all my hair and tying it into a bun. I slipped my socks on and put my sneakers on. Ashton stood up and I followed him towards the door. Luke walked over to me and gave me a hug "Im only going for a run" I said hugging him back "I know" He replied "Don't worry Ill look after her" Ashton promised Luke stepping outside Luke nodded. I stepped out into the cold morning air, fresh cool air filled my lungs. It was an amazing feeling. Ashton looked at me "I wont go to fast" He said smiling, I nodded. We starting running into the cool morning breeze not looking back.