Its over

I get out side and Ashton looks at me "You okay?" I smile a little. I sit down next to Ashton on his beach chair. I look at Calum and Michael who sit next to each other. I take a deep breath "I have decided what I am going to do" Ashton looks at me "Do whatever you think is right" He says putting his hand on my shoulder. I fiddle with my keys a little. "I am going to go to New Zealand and stay with my Cousin Harry for a while and decide where I go from there" Calum looks shocked. "All the way to New Zealand?" He says his lips spread apart. I nod "I need a new start and it wont be forever" I say smiling. I am doing the right thing. Michael looks at me "Do whatever you believe you think you can handle" I smile "I will miss you guys a lot" Ashton smiles "It wont be the same without you" I nod and smile "You can always visit!" I say hugging Ashton. We all laugh "I will miss you guys" I stand up "Group hug" Michael says .We hug as a group one last time. I will miss them all but I have to start fresh some day. I smile "I will stay at the hotel and leave tomorrow" Michael looks really upset "I will miss you a lot" He says breaking down into tears hugging me. I hug him back "I will miss you to. You can always call me" He smiles "I know" He says.
We all say goodbye, I told Luke what I am doing he broke down into pieces. He told me not to leave. "Im sorry" I say getting into my car and watching them all stand at the door sad faced. I smile and wave they all wave back except Luke who stood there crying. I drive off the the motel. This is the right thing to do. I take in what I was about to do. A new start is what I need, It is going to be fun. Harry will be ecstatic to see me. I can finally see all my kiwi family. Luke can pay the price of love.

I get back to the motel and carry my bag into room. I sit on the bed and look through the photos on my phone. There is a few of me and Michael at the mall today and a few of all of us at the movies. I grab my laptop out of my bag and turn it on. The picture of Luke and I pops up. I smile. I go through my photos they are all of me and him. I look at all the wonderful memories we had together. I don't regret leaving him. I think I need to move on. I might forgive him in the future but right now I don't. I go online and buy a ticket to New Zealand. I leave at 10:20. I text Harry to tell him what I am doing. He ends up calling me to hear the whole story. I end up telling him without crying. He is excited to see me and I am excited to see him. We haven't seen each other in so long. I get myself ready for bed and I hear a knock on my door. I open it. I was wearing a white singlet and a pair of black spotty pj shorts. I see Luke standing at the door. He smiles, I smile back faintly. "What are you doing here?" I ask and he comes in. I close the door behind him. "Im sorry Mackenzie. I just came over to wish you good luck in New Zealand and that I called it off with Ashley" I don't care that he doesn't "date" Ashely anymore, he shouldn't have in the first place. "Thanks it is the right thing to do leaving" I say sitting on the bed. He kneels down in front of me and looks at me "I am sorry I hurt you Mackenzie. I am truly sorry. I am angry at myself and I wish I could make it up to you but I cant and I understand that but I want you to remember that I will always be thinking of you everyday we are apart" What he said made me smile but I didn't know how much of it was true. I reply "I wish you good luck with everything" I say standing up as he heads towards the door. He smiles as he leaves "Bye Mackenzie Anne Jones my one and only true love" I smile "Goodbye Luke" I say shutting the door. Am I doing the right thing? I shake my head. Yes I am he broke my heart. I will never forgive him for that. I must move on and forget. What we had was special but I feel like it was a lie. I get into bed and close my eyes dreaming of the perfect life in New Zealand. I might even meet the perfect boy who knows...