Edmund x Shy Reader

This was a request so I hope you guys like it!!!

Y/n was a maid in the the castle of Cair Paravel. She had been a maid for a while, since her mother passed away. She had to find a way to live and that was working in the castle. She cleaned the rooms of visiting dignitaries, government officials, and the occasional prince or princess. Y/n was quiet and shy. She focused on her work, not wanting to get fired.

Despite her shyness, she somehow made friends with Queen Lucy. She was also Lucy's maid, so that helped. Lucy didn't mind her shyness and often talked with her about many things. Lucy like the girl and thought that she was sweet. That she deserved deserved a friend or two.

Y/n found comfort in talking with Lucy. She listened when something was bothering her. The two would often go to the library and read. Y/n loved to read. She loved that she was allowed into the library. Growing up she didn't have many books. If she wasn't talking to Lucy, she spent her time reading, engrossed in a whole new world.

She most often read about daring adventures, with a hint of romance. She also dreamed of learning how to ride horseback. She had always loved horses and often found herself daydreaming that she was a heroine in battle. Riding on horseback. Battle armor on, sword in hand. Sometimes, if she was alone, she would play out the battle, with an invisible sword in her hand.

Y/n would pretend that she was surrounded by enemies, with she and her horse standing tall. She would often do her performances in the library, when daydreaming prevented her from reading.

In fact, that was what she was doing right now. Only she didn't realize that she had a live audience. King Edmund. He stayed quiet, not wanting to disturb her.

"Take that!" Y/n said, swinging her "sword." She had a grin on her face, and she was a million miles away, fighting in battle. Edmund found her fascinating and absolutely beautiful. Her h/c was in a messy bun, her plain brown and white dress came down to her ankles, and she wore brown flats. Her e/c were bright and he could get lost in them. As he watched her, she continued to do battle with enemies on, what he assumed, her noble steed.

He knew that she was shy and would never do something like this in front of people. When she heard someone coming, she'd sit down on the sofa, pretending that she hadn't been doing anything besides reading.

Y/n continued for a few minutes until she deemed the battle over. She sat back down, smile on her face. She then got a sad look on her face. "Like that'll ever happen." She said softly to herself before getting up and walking out of the library, shoulders slumped.

"What will never happen?" He wondered to himself. So, what did a genius like himself do? He followed her. She was walking through the castle, heading to the stables.

Once there, she stopped at Philips stall. Philip was Edmunds horse and, like so many other creatures in Narnia, could talk. It freaked him out at first but he soon got used to it.

"Hey Phil." Y/n said, stroking his face. "How are you today?"

"Good." Philip answered. "Did you bring me a treat?"

Y/n laughed and gave him a sugar cube from her pocket. Philip happily ate it. Y/n sighed.

"What's wrong?" Philip asked.

"Nothing... It's stupid."

Philip gazed at her, as if he was willing her to tell him. She sighs and gives in. "I've always wanted to learn how to ride a horse... to feel the wind in my hair, to form a bond with a horse."

"You've formed a bond with me." Philip says.

She laughs. "Yes I have."

Edmund, hearing the exchange, gets an idea. He then walks towards the two. "Hello there."