Chapter 1: Hogwart's Express

CHAPTER 1: HOGWARTS EXPRESS

“Ella! Get up! The train leaves in fifteen minutes!” Ariella’s eyes opened slowly as the voice cut across her peaceful sleep, shooting her into reality.

“Fifteen more minutes…” Ariella moaned as she rolled over, but whoever it was shook her.

“We don’t have fifteen minutes! It’s ten forty five!” Devon shook her best friend. Devon had slept over the night before due to Devon’s own parents visiting family members in America. The two had been up and about until four in the morning giggling before finally passing out. 

Ariella sat up and rubbed her eyes, “But… The train leaves tomorrow, don’t it?” she asked, still half asleep.

Devon rolled her eyes, “No, it doesn’t. Come on, Nattie will be waiting for us.”

Ariella, still confused about what was the day and time and such, hurried to get dressed, and with one minute left until eleven o'clock, Ariella’s mother apparated them to the Platform. After a rushed goodbye the two girls ran to put their trunks in one of the cars before climbing aboard just as the train pulled out. 

Devon poked Ariella as they travelled down the train to find Natalie. “We’re screwed this year if we stay up that late every night.”

Ariella’s only response was a yawn, as she did though, they rounded a corner and she ran right into someone.

“Sorry.” she said as she stumbled back.

“Just watch where you’re going next time, Frost.” Draco spat out.

Ariella blushed, “S-Sorry, Malfoy.” she replied sheepishly.

“Buzz off, Malfoy; it’s as much your fault as it is hers.” Devon looked beyond cross, but she never was a morning person.

“On the contrary, Farrow, I was just standing here waiting for some one, she completely ran into me.” Draco replied, a smirk plastered on his face.

“I said I was sorry.” Ariella claimed, but still the light pink was present on her face.

Draco’s mouth opened to reply but someone behind him cut him off from speaking.

“There you two are.” Natalie stood there, arms crossed, as she watched them. “I have a compartment waiting.”

“I’ll see you later then, Frost, maybe we’ll be partners in Potions again this year. Hopefully you won’t burn anything again, but considering it's you,” Draco said, eyeing the 15 year old Gryffindor, "I doubt that." He smirked before walking off.

Natalie rolled her eyes, “I really don’t know what you see in him, Ella.”

“No one does.” Devon added in.

“You two shut it.” Ariella replied, her face finally its normal colour, as they walked to the compartment Natalie mentioned.