Chapter 11: A New Roommate part one

LORELEI ON THE SIDE --------------->

CHAPTER 11: A NEW ROOMMATE

(part one)

Sara Evergreen, a pretty dirty-blonde with big blue eyes, sighed as she walked back into her empty dorm room. Four beds backed against the walls around the circular room, one bed used and the others all empty.

Sara flopped down onto her bed, uncaring if her short wet hair dripped onto her covers. No one would be there to tell her off anyway; the rest of Sara’s roommates had all moved out once they found out Sara’s mother was a Muggle. They just didn’t want to be in the same breathing space with a half-blooded loser.

Sara, used to this treatment from the other Slytherins, always shrugged it off to others as if it never bothered her. In truth, it was like being tossed out into the cold and dark dreary night with no food or shelter to comfort you and everyone turned their noses up at up you.

Just then a knock at the door startled Sara. Her head sharply snapped towards the door with peculiar interest and a sense of caution. After all, it was extremely rare that she ever got a visitor.

“Who…Who is it?” She asked as she pressed her ear to the door. “I swear if this is a prank, I will put a very annoying hex on you for a long period of time. I swear I will!”

To her astonishment and to her irritation, a tinkling lilt of laughter rang through the thin wood. “Who is that?” She repeated.

“How about you let me in and you can see for yourself,” came the voice.

Sara cautiously opened the door a crack and peered out. She hastily threw the door back and squealed as a girl with long, wavy blonde hair threw herself at her, engulfing her in a tight and warm embrace.

“Lorie!!” Sara shouted in excitement as her best friend pulled back to full reveal herself. “Hi, Sara!” she joyfully exclaimed.

“What are you doing here?” Sara asked, pleased that her life-long friend was here to see her and curious as to why she would visit at the start of the school year instead of during the holidays.

Lorie, or as her birth certificated stated: Lorelei Evae; tossed her blonde hair over shoulder and swept her cool grey eyes across Sara’s half-empty room as she ignored her friend’s questions. “So...where is everyone?” she asked as she sat on the edge of the bed closest to Sara’s.

Sara noticed she didn’t answer her question so she pushed forth. “I’m the only one that bides here, and stop avoiding the question.”

Lorelei’s face snapped towards her best friend, surprise etched onto her face. “Why are you the only one here?”

“The other Slytherins don’t want to be roomed and ‘associated’ with a half-blooded loser.”

“Judgemental bitches!” Lorelei growled.

“You’re one to talk, Lorelei. Blood used to be so important in your family.” Sara continued, walking to get her towel from her towel rack and started to dry her still dripping locks. She knew Lorelei ever since they were wee little babes, and had shared all their family histories together; traded in all their secrets – Lorelei’s being the most dark and threatening.

The 17 year old blonde waved her light brown twisted wand and accio’dher multiple suitcases into the room. “How many did you bring?” Sara asked, wide eyed as the cases pushed tucked themselves under Lorie’s bed. “How long are you staying for?

 Lorie stretched and laid down on her back, her muscles relaxed. "Until I'm no longer needed."

I AM SO SO SORRY GUYS!!! I'VE HAD A LOT OF TROUBLE WITH MY STUPID COMPUTER AND SO IN ORDER TO GET THE CHAPTER OUT QUICKER, I DECIDED TO CUT IT IN HALF!!!!

SORRY IT'S SO SHORT :(