Chapter 1: When Life is Tough

It is a gloomy Saturday morning. I walk towards the coffee house. It's been a cold weather for one week now. As days go by, I crave for more coffee to ease the coldness inside, especially that life nowadays is filled with so much stress. Need to unwine for the moment.

While I am sitting inside,

"Miss, coffee please" I uttered.

"Ok Ma'am." The waitress nodded

It is so relieving sitting here while looking people around outside, when my thought coming in (Sigh).

"I am not sure what life lies ahead of me but I am thankful that God give me a good career to support my family and at the same time I experience the life I wanted after college - to travel to different places in the country. There are still ups and downs on how to cope up with challenges towards work and at the same time being the breadwinner of the family. But at least I was able to conquer with it.

While looking at the lovers in their twenties (Sigh).

"Better for them, they already found the love of their life. They experience how does it feel being loved, being cared - the touch, the hug and the kiss. Oh so sweet.

"Me, am so loveless, feels like nobody loves and cares for me. How I wish he will come pass me by.

"How does he look like? Is he handsome? Is he white or black? - Black looks so scared. Is he domestic or foreigner? - oh no foreigner is too much for me. domestic maybe.

"Brown eyes or blue eyes? Brown hair or black hair? Tall or short? - oh no I love tall men.

"How can I imagine I have someone at least. No boyfriend since birth is something I feel so ugly. But today is not yet the right time, so sad and lonely I am.

"Oh what a thoughts, I will just leave these thoughts at the moment and will rely what life is today to avoid being pity of myself.

It's October 17, 2009 then, still I am here looking for better things to come.

I look at the television. There is no sound. Let me read just the caption:

"Singer died due to heart attack."

My thoughts:
"Oh no! It's so sad and so terrible.
"So pity for him, he is handsome then.
"What is his name? Do I know him?

While reading for more caption while the newscaster in the television speaks,
"Oh, that man, who is he? I can't remember any."

"Kkkkkkkrrriiiiiiinnnnnnnnggggggg!" the mobile phone rings.

"Hello! How may I help you?"
"Renee, go to the office right now! This is urgent matters. You need to be here before 1pm."

It's Saturday, but I still need to work. What a life do I have right now, almost no time for myself. I am just here right now, feeling the morning alone and the happiness I get when alone while observing people around and having some reflection. I love being alone, free from noise of reality, so relieving. When the introverted me strikes in once again.

My thoughts about that man stopped. I cannot think any that would recognize him. It's already 12nn and need to go to the office now.

Rushing running outside, better, there is a taxi. While inside, thoughts about that man starts again.

"He is too young to die. Am really so pity for him.
"Wait! Why I think about him? Couldn't explain why.

My heart is aching then.

"I will just not to think about him,

I diverted my mind by looking some people outside while memorizing those places I passed through.

Here I come, at the office. I am proud working here. They accepted me despite I am not that confident enough with talking people. But there is one thing which I find it hard here.

"Renee! You're late again? Oh my God! You should be earlier than 1pm. What you did? You let me wait an hour?"

She is my supervisor, in her early 30s. Not-so-tall woman who does not love to wear skirts. She is single, like me, but I guess she does not want to marry anyone because of her being high profile type of person.

"I am sorry Ma'am, it is traffic outside while I am on the way to the office." I tell her apologetically despite I wanna rebut her for being too-much-strict.

Then we discuss about some work-related matters.

What a mind blowing experience right now. Do I have to rejoice for being competent? Or do I have to feel unfortunate for always being called to work on Saturdays. I do not have some escape - I do not have a lot of friends and I do not have a lover. Do I have to stay here or do I need to explore other places to meet someone?

I wanna go out of this heartaches about work but I need to stay in order to support my family.

I wish my friend of mine from overseas will call me for a good news.

*****