Chapter 4: Strong Enough to Conquer

Here the time arrives. It is my last day of duty. Whatever happens to me overseas, I will never forget where I started and where I am growing up and where I learn to be strong to face struggles of my career. Though I will be dealing now with uncertainty as to what lies ahead, I wish I will still be firm to believe and to have confidence with myself.

"Hi Renee! You're pretty well ready to go. Your things are all set." she said sarcastically.

"Yes, it is indeed my last day of duty here." Politely responded.

"We should celebrate instead!" She smilingly uttered.

That is Mavy, our assistant supervisor and is also handling our group of colleagues. She is sometimes mean to me for reasons unidentified to me but on the other hand, she is sometimes kind and generous and concern with her people she is handling with.

In the past years of my career, she asked me to accompany her to work-related activities she has to facilitate. That makes me feel I am a trusted colleague but at the same time, I also feel am I only the one who has to help me this things. But in the end, we parted ways about that and she asked another person to be now her assistant.

"Hi Renee! Do you wanna treat us? Just hand me a money and I will be the one to buy food here for us."

"Here's the money Yola. Thank you so much."

I handed her the money. Better I am prepared financially for this despedida.

This is a conventional thing we do especially when someone leaves here for good. It is our way of expressing a farewell to a colleague. A celebration is being showed by preparing food - pizza, pasta, chips drinks. Food is what makes the celebration special especially that we seldomly unite after a month long travel for work.

But this time, it is me who will have a farewell celebration. And it is indeed a mixed emotion of happy but sad at the same time. Happy because I will now leave the struggle that I have but sad because I will gonna miss them especially to those people who are my close friends.

-----

"Renee! Let's have some picture with the group."

"Ok Tricia."

It was a late afternoon, after our day's work. We're 34 inside our office including my 2 bosses. Chatting, teasing while eating. We're just eating together.

"Renee! I will miss you!"

(teasing, louder voices)

(me, smiling)

"Jay, would you mind to follow her?" Dennis ask him.
While looking at me he said "No, I will not. I will support wherever makes her happy."

(colleagues looking sad)

"Aw, so sweet."

"Thank you Jay." telling him politely.

"Renee, chat with me if time permits." Jessica cried, hugging me so tightly.

"Yes, I will as much as I can." Sadly, I responded hugging her too.

We already finish our dine when I say to them heartily "Thank you guys for being my colleague and my friend as well. Hope to see you again."

They smiled at me, then some were leaving.

I fixed my things out when my boss approach me.

"Renee, whatever circumstance that we have, I will still say thank you for your hardwork here. Feel free to reach us and to visit here when you're back."

"Thank you for being my mentor as well."

Then we shake hands.

-----