Aelin

Sometimes I wished I could just kill my royal counselors put on my old assassins suit and run over the roofs of Terrasen.

For the last three hours I sat in my throneroom and tried to listen to everything my conselors had said.

As I looked around in the room I noticed that my court could barely stay awake.

There were already some icy crystals over Dorians chair, who was staying in Terrasen because Chaol and Yrene, were needed here, and I mean he was used to stuff like that.
Well actually only Yrene was needed here, to help with a pregnancy of one of Lord Gunnars daughters.
But the males couldn't just let her go alone.
Typical.

Manon, who was here for a small visit, which I'm sure was mostly to pay a visit to Dorians chambers, looked bored and started playing with her nails.
Oh and I knew that wasn't a good sign.

And the rest of my court didn't look better.

Fenrys and Lorcan seemed to be frozen and even though Elide tried her best I noticed that she couldn't stay concentrated very long.

Lysandra looked like she was asleep and I wouldn't be surprised if she actually was.

At least Aedion listened and had the self control that I was missing out on.

Rowan was sitting next to me.
His hand slightly touched mine now and then and I could even get a small smile.
My father's crown rested on his head and it still blew me away how good he looked with it.
It was like he was made to be a king, to rule by my side, to help heal Terrasens wounds and to rebuild it into the city it once was.

A Kingdom of Fire.
Of pain, of hope, of revolution and of love.

I missed my fire.
And even though I didn't admit it I really did.

„Your Majesty, we would like to end this meeting if you don't have any questions you want to ask us."
I rose from my thrones and nodded in my counselors direction.
„Thank you Sir Nolstan. You may excuse yourself."

As they left the room a relived sigh resonated from my court.

„I don't know how you keep this up but if I had counselors, who tried to tell me what to do I would gut them with my nails. And maybe even with my teeth."

Rowan nodded in Manons direction.

„Believe me, I have had hard times trying to convince her not to do exactly that."

Fenrys shot me an amused look.
I shot one back, just that it wasn't that amused.
„Oh I heard your hard times, just that they didn't sound very bad", he added with a little smirk.

While Aedion nearly choked, everyone else laughed.
Even Lorcan.

„Well, if you would excuse me, I would like to keep it a pleasant experience for everyone but that won't happen if I murder one of you in cold blood."

I walked the long hall, like so many of my ancestors had before and left, not without a wink to Rowan, the throneroom.

Should I take that as a invitation?
Maybe, but first I need to do something.

I went to the wardrobe and changed from the beautiful dress I was wearing (it was green with a thousand golden kingsflames embroided on the corset), to comfortable clothes.

Boots, a pair of leathern trousers, with a few attached sheaths for my knives and daggers, a leather top and a long black coat.

Then I left my room.

The guards were still positioned at the gates but I didn't know what they would be good for if I could just sneak out like that.
If I could get out unnoticed someone would also be able to get in.
Maybe a few people.

I mean I was trained by the king of assassins so.

Unconsciously my gaze fell on my right hand.
Where my scar was supposed to be.
My scars told my story and Maeve had taken that away from me.

If I could I'd let her pay again.
And again.
Until nothing was left of her.

As I stood on the roof of a house I  looked at Terrasen.
My home, my safe place, my family.

Then I started running.
I jumped from roof to roof.
Tree to tree.
And as I felt the cool air on my face I once again was reminded of all the beauty that belonged to me.
I aimed for the next roof, jumped and-
I fell.

Where the roof had been now only was light and I fell deeper and deeper.
And then I didn't do anything at all.