Behind Blue Eyes

I have hours, only lonely

My love is vengeance

That's never free

******************

Lucy POV

I woke up in Nik's bed facing the sun. I flipped on my side expecting to Nik but instead his brother, Kol.

"Have fun last night?" Kol smirked.

I threw a pillow at him. "What do you want?" I asked.

"What? Can't I talk to my best friend?" He asked.

I scoffed at him. "Yeah why not?" I asked. "I'm only laying naked in your brothers bed." I said.

Kol smirked and tried to look down the blanket wrapped are me. I pulled it closer to my body. "Nice try." I told him. "Now get out."

Kol sighed. "Yes well, your boyfriend is downstairs painting. What fun he sounds like." Kol mumbled leaving the room.

I got dressed in a sweater and leggings and made my way downstairs. Nik was painting on canvas.

"What's that?" I asked.

"It looks like a giant snowflake." A voice said behind me.

I turned around to see Stefan in the doorway.

Nik rolled his eyes. "I prefer to think of it as an expression of post modernism. It's my donation to the Winter Wonderland charity event."

Adrian and he hybrid from last night walked into the room. "You said it was urgent." He said to Nik.

"Yes, take this to the Mystic Grill immediately." Nik said.

"You want me to be a delivery guy?" Adrian asked annoyed.

Nik walked closer to Adrian inches from his face. "What I want is for you to do whatever I say. Without the attitude."

Adrian sighed me went to the painting picking it up. We made eye contact and I have him a small smile as he left the room.

"And be careful with that. It's still wet." Nik yelled after him.

"Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves, you know." Stefan mumbled.

"What is the point of my hybrids being sired to me if I can't maximize on the benefits of free labour? What are you doing here?" Nik asked Stefan.

Stefan walked over to me looking at me. "Elena is sired to Damon."

"I intuited as much." Nik mumbled.

"Which means I need to find the cure now more than ever and yet here you are making postmodern snowflakes." Stefan said.

I rolled my eyes. "You are just mad because Damon got your girlfriend."

"She's got a point there mate and I've delivered." Nik said.

Nik walked away taking a cloth to wipe his hand off. "I retrieved the Hunter's sword from Italy which we'll use to decipher the map hidden in the Hunter's mark. You're the one who is supposed to deliver the Hunter and his mark."

"Well, Jeremy is the hunter, and he has to keep killing vampires to complete his mark, but we can't quite figure out how to keep him from killing us." I told Nik.

"Sounds like quite the chore. Which is why I feel perfectly justified doing a little charity work." Nik said looking at Stefan and I.

"Hmm, or maybe you're lying about having found the sword." Stefan said.