5

"Spencer" he repeated.

I turned and looked at Carter.

"Hey," I said as I smiled at him. He walked over to me, looking me up and down for any injuries.

He wasn't sure. Good

"Marley was looking for you. Somebody said you weren't gonna be here" he looked back down the hall.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I asked as I made a face. He just shrugged as he looked at me.

We started walking down the hallway together. I sighed when I saw several other popular girls. The fake ones who only hang out with me because I'm pretty and the head cheerleader.

"Spencer. Just the girl I was looking for" Becca said as she walked to my side. "So Prom is coming up. And the student body put us cheerleaders in charge of the decorating. The theme this year is Forest" she said with a smile as she handed me a huge binder and a clipboard.

"As captain, your in charge," she said with her almost perfect but crooked toothed smile.

"Great, sounds like a blast," I said with a fake smile. I handed Carter the binders and did a cheer about prom making them all satisfied. They walked away and my smile fell.

"Sorry," I told him as I took the binder back.

"Do you have a date for that?" He asked me as he looked at the binder. "Parker was going to be. But you know how that ended" I muttered. We stopped at my locker and I put the binder in it.

"I'm sorry," he told me. I shook my head as I took a deep breath. "It's okay" I whispered as I looked into my locker. "Where were you this morning?" He asked me as he tilted his head to the side.

"What time?" I asked. "6-7, I thought I saw you somewhere," he said as he looked into my eyes. "In my bed," I said as I kept eye contact. I looked down the hall after.

"If you want we can go together. To prom" he said seeming shy. One minute he was all evil and power-hungry. The next he was sweet and kinda shy.

"I would love that," I told him as I smiled at him. "Really?" He asked and I nodded. "Yeah, we can all go as I group," I said making his smile fall. The look on his face was hilarious.

"Anyway, we should get to class," I told him as I closed my locker.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I sighed and let my head fall into the wooden desk in the library. I sat there for a minute before the library doors opened. The Greenwoods. Always around me. We're they even spying on my pack or just spying on me?

I looked at my planning binder and at the pictures, I printed out.

"I need your opinions," I said as I stood up and put the pictures out on the table. "Honest thoughts," I said as I bit my lip. Carter was staring at my lip as they all looked at all my pictures.

"I love it," Marley told me and I sighed in relief. "Thank...god" I caught myself before I said the goddess. Most wolves say that apposed to saying God. We follow the moon goddess, our god. Our creator.

"What about your dress?" She asked me. "We should go dress shopping together," she told me and I nodded.

I heard footsteps outside of the library door before the door opened. Link Nathan walked in. He was back from Spain.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"I have feelings for you," he told me as he leaned over the railing, looking down at me. I looked out at the field and here Parker was.

"I'm leaving for a few months, I just had to tell you before I left," my brothers best friend told me.

"Spencer we gotta go," the girls said ushering me to go. "Link!" I yelled and he smiled.

And then I was gone. He left that night. He had just come to the game looking for me.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I looked back at my group pretending I didn't see him. He didn't see me either.

"What are you doing after school?" Marley asked me. "I have practice" I told her making Link look over at me.

"Maybe Marley should do cheer, get her more involved" Ben Said. The look on her face was priceless.

"If I do it, Ben has to as well," Marley said as she looked at Carter. He smirked at all of them, that devilish smirk.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I grabbed it out and looked at it.

Link: Hey

I glanced over at him before setting my phone down. He furrowed his brows and tilted his head.

Link: I missed you

I grabbed my phone and started texting him.

Spencer: you ignored me for 3 months, you don't get to miss me. I sent it then slammed my phone on the table.

Carter looked at me and I sighed. "You guys ready to go?" I asked as I put it all in my binder.

I looked back to see Link was gone. Good.

We got up and walked towards our lockers. Link was at his locker, that was right next to mine. I put in my combo then put in the prom binder. "Your planning prom?" He asked as he looked at the spine of the binder. Labels prom planning.

"Yep" I said popping the p at the end. I turned away from him but he grabbed my arm pulling down my sweater. "What happened to your shoulder?" He asked as Carter and Marley walked over. "Don't, Link just don't" I said as I stepped away.

I turned my back to him and walked towards Carter and Marley.

Great. He just assured Carter that was me.