( Intimidation )

"So. What did you want to talk to me about?.."

You'd ask the young boy with bright red cheeks growing so red that it nearly seemed as though you'd burn your skin by a mere touch.

Midoriya's thumbs nervously wrestled with one another, as he tried to discover the right words to say. His eyes would land on you, exhaling softly.

"It's about.. your birthday..."

Ah, you knew where this was headed. As much as you wanted to flat-out tell him that the past was only something constructed by the minds of two kids, you couldn't bring yourself to hurt that freckled face... but you had to.

Midoriya shifted his gaze, noticing how speechless you became. He felt bad.. what if he seemed desperate? This thought remained in his head, and was the reason behind his next words. "N.. Never mind. I won't bring this up again."

Embarrassed, and a bit sad, Midoriya would scratch his head, meanwhile you waved your hands quite frequently. "Wait! You don't have to drop the subject."

But as far as you knew... you've never seen him as someone you'd become romantically involved with. "Sorry, Izuku, but... I don't think I love you in that way. We were kids back then, we didn't know any better..."

Midoriya looked crushed. His eyebrows twitched to remain raised, and his hands curled into slight balls before they had the sense to release themselves. "Oh.." He whispered, slowly narrowing his head to stare down at the tiled flooring. Those once glistening hues were now in sudden unhappiness, he was on the brink of shedding a tear or two.

"I.. I'll... go back inside now.." He needed to keep things terse, or else you'd be able to notice the tremble in his tone. It was painfully aware that you as well had been hurt; for you did not enjoy seeing him suffer, especially since you were the cause. "Izuku, wait!" Grabbing hold of his sleeve, he looked back at you with an odd look, appearing to be genuinely surprised. "What is it?..."

You didn't want to make anything awkward.

You didn't want to change anything.

But at the same time..

You didn't want him to go.

"Give me a bit more time... to think..."

There had been a long pause lasting for decades. Midoriya's body would avert back to you while his face became elated. With no reluctance, he nodded, while an joyous, and hearty huff escaped him. "Take as much time as you need to reconsider! Don't... make me wait too long, though!"

Glad that you managed to pep him up rather indirectly, you watched Midoriya return into the classroom. You didn't follow, only because you took this moment of isolation to calm yourself. Looking down with closed eyes, you gently patted your chest. For some reason, your heart was pounding.

And due to your consolation, you didn't notice someone else had approached you, coming from where Midoriya last passed.

"[Y/N]." Said from that calm, and naturally irritated voice.

The familiarty earned your attention, honestly seeing his face was more than a surprise. "..Katsuki? W.. Why are you here??"

The male revealed to be Bakugou furrowed his eyebrows. He stared down at you for quite some time, it took him an long anticipating second for him to finally open his mouth again.

"I heard you two."

"..."

Speechless, your head turned away, as your skin altered into a bright red. "H-H-H-How much did you hear?!" You frantically inquired, while cupping your hand against a partial bit of your face in order to conceal your deep blush.