Don't forget about me

It had been a couple days since Toni joined to cheer squad. It was hard keeping up with cheer and basketball but she was managing. Clarke was really pulling her chain about practicing more cause she could forget a step in less then 2 seconds, but Toni was positive she would be okay.
It was a Sunday afternoon
Toni was in her room studying for another test with Emily. "So 5xyb is equal to 650?" Emily asked. "Yes Emily, It is." Toni said as she was annoyed. That was the 5th time she asked if it was right. "Well then how did I get 620" Emily asked. "Maybe its cause your a f*cking id-" Toni paused and took a breath. "You probably divided wrong or something." She slid her papers in her backpack and picked up her phone. "I'm gonna go eat now Emily, rework the problem." Toni said as she hung up the phone.
Toni went down stairs and got some food, specifically left over Chinese food. She ate it and then went back up to her room, as she did she caught a glimsp of her brothers room.
Her brother had just got home from military school. He'd been sent there cause he got into trouble with the wrong crowd in school. Toni stopped at his door. "Hey, you know it would be nice if we could hang out some time, haven't see you in a year." Toni suggested. Her brother was lifting weights to keep in shape. "Maybe later. I have to do this right now." Lucas said as he lifted his weight again almost effortlessly. "Okay. Well see you at dinner." Toni said walking to her room.
She sat down on her bed and opened her messages.

Clarke: Hey you need to come to my....

Emily: Okay I reworked it and I got....

Alex(CS): Okay, ill see you at practi....

Toni looked through her messages and opened Clarke's first.

Clarke: Hey you need to come to my house right now.

Toni: Why?

Clarke: typing...

Toni waited for a response but then her phone died.
"Ugh! Stupid battery." Toni tossed her phone across her bed gently.
She laid back on her bed and covered her face with her hands. She groaned in annoyance for about 2 minutes. "Hey, uh- do you still wanna hang out?" She looked over and Lucas was standing in her door way. "Uh yeah-" Toni said. "okay well we can go out to get dinner if its okay with mom, ill pay." Lucas said. "Yeah, that sounds nice.- but uh- u wouldn't happen to have a car charger would you?" Toni asked. "Yeah- why?" Lucas questioned. "My phone is dead." Toni replied. "Is that why you were groaning so loudly?" Lucas said with a laugh. "yeah-" Toni said sarcastically. "Okay well lets go, you can charge your phone in my car." He smiled "Okay, just let me get a jacket."  "Okay ill be in my car." "K" she said as she got up to go to her closet- her brother walking down the stairs as she did so. "Here we go." She pulled on a Adidas hoodie that was rainbow with black details.
She walked outside and got into her brothers car holding her phone. "Ready?" He asked. "Yep." She said as she buckled in.
When her phone was finally charged they were at a drive through-

Clarke: Because its important cheer buisness, and I have to tell you something important.

Clarke: hello?

Clarke: Are you ignoring me?

Clarke: whatever. 😒

"Oh shit" Toni thought to herself."

Toni: Hey, sorry my phone died and I'm out with my brother.

there was no reply right away so she put her phone down and her brother handed her some food. "Smells good." Toni said sniffing the air. "Yeah, it does" he smiled.
Toni and Lucas talked and ate then went home.
"It was nice hanging out today, I missed you" Toni said. "Yeah, you too." He smiled at Her. "Its late I should go to bed" Toni said. "goodnight" Lucas replied. "Night." And off she went to bed.