Chapter 5: You Love Me Right?

[ZAYN’S POV]

“Is there a reason we are hiding in the bushes outside of a diner?” Harry whined. “Can’t we at least go inside? I think it makes us stand out more sitting here.”

“Because no one would notice Zayn Malik and Harry Styles walking into a random diner?” I asked sarcastically. My eyes were focused on the edge of the window frame where I could see Annie clearly enjoying a meal with some unnamed guy. Because of the angle of the window I couldn’t make out who it was.

“We could wear disguises!” Harry suggested.

“Did you bring any?” He frowned answering my question immediately. Who was this guy she couldn’t tell me about? The server walked over clearing their plates and finally the mystery guy turned so I could see his face. Was that—Nathan Sykes?!? She was cheating on me with that jackass from The Wanted?!?

“How did you even know Annie was here?” Harry asked breaking into my thoughts once again. I flushed before pulling out my phone.

“There’s an app that allows me to track the GPS of her phone.”

“You tailed her?”

“I never thought I would have to use it. I just wanted it in case something happened to her.”

“How can anything happen to her when she is always next to you?”

“She’s not next to me right now!” I half shouted. An old woman walking by the bush screeched when she heard me shouting. Geez. I didn’t mean to be that loud.

“Zayn, are you okay?” Harry asked.

“I’m fine.”

“Then could you let go of my arm? You’re kind of drawing blood.” I looked down to see that my nails had dug deep into his arm causing him to bleed some.

“Shit. Sorry Harry. It’s just—she’s with Nathan Sykes!”

“That guy from The Wanted who likes like a sloth?” Harry’s question made me laugh softly. “Maybe they’re friends. You should trust Annie. Maybe she just thought you would be mad seeing her hang out with someone from The Wanted. We’re not exactly best friends with them.”

“Or maybe she’s cheating on me.” I did my best to ignore how logical Harry’s explanation seemed. I wasn’t in the mood for logic right now.

“Okay, I’m done with this shit,” Harry said standing up and yanking my arm. I realized quickly that he was pulling me to the front door of the diner. “You are going to go in there and talk to Annie. Tell her how you feel. Then once that’s done I’m going to go buy a new phone, and call Carrie to ask her what is wrong. I’m tired of waiting for answers to all this shit!”

“Harry, no!” I pleaded as he marched us through the doors. “If Annie finds out I was spying on her she will—“

“She will what Zayn?” Annie asked softly standing as Harry pulled me in front of their table. “What will I do?”

[ANNIE’S POV]

I can’t believe he was here! He didn’t trust me? How could he not trust me?!? Of all the people in the world he should know I could only have eyes for him. I heard a soft cough and looked over at Nathan who was sitting quietly watching the two of us. Okay, fine. I might have eyes for people other than Zayn, but I was just admiring the scenery. Right? I turned back to my boyfriend waiting to see what he would say.

“How about you explain why you kept the identity of your little friend from me?” Zayn asked. Damn. He had a point. Why had I kept Nathan such a secret if he really was nothing more than scenery to me? I looked over at Nathan for a quick minute. Beautiful, muscled scenery.